Recent content by plexistack

1. P

My newest album - feedback appreciated

Thanks! We actually have two lead singers (we are a power trio and both the guitarist & bassist sing lead) and we trade off on backups -- and we alternate within the same song a lot, so it might be hard to tell who is singing at any specific time. Thanks for listening. I really appreciate the...
  2. P

Thanks for that, nebulosa. Very helpful. I appreciate you.
  3. P

Check out my latest release CD Baby http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/slambango1 Bandcamp https://slambango.bandcamp.com/album/out-of-ashes Reverbnation https://www.reverbnation.com/slambango Any comments are welcome, I can handle constructive criticism so you don't have to sugar coat it. Guitar is a...
  4. P

Need advice on packing Plexi head for shipping

If you fail to mark it fragile, it might be harder for you to claim it was mishandled in the event of damage. Just a thought.
  5. P

Tube Heater / Standby Question

Just put the amp on standby when you're not playing it, and don't worry about it.
  6. P

Van Halen announces tour with David Lee Roth

Eddie has been such a tool over the last few years - finally kicking MA out of the band just for playing bass with Sammy was the last straw for me. I will not pay a dime for anything with VH on it again, unless/until MA is invited back.
  7. P

Negative Youtube comments

no. "troll" is a word with an actual meaning - and it doesn't mean "anything I don't like" - as people around TGP seem to believe.
  8. P

GASin' for a used DRRI...

why the reissue? there are still a few silverface originals to be had on the cheap, if you're quick.
  9. P

Hello, and advice please.

You could run both instruments into a line selector like a Boss LS-2 or something along those lines. That would allow you to continue using the PA and it would solve the volume/input problems.
  10. P

Attention audience: If you are not drinking at the gig...

What? All you want is a soda? Get out of my bar!!
  11. P

Now for my next Marshall treat: JCM800 which model#

It's '84 or earlier. In 1985 they switched to the vertical inputs mounted on a board.
  12. P

I need an amp that takes pedals well

Not if you want the clean channel. But, seriously, every amp takes pedals well, it just depends on what pedals & what sound you're looking for.
  13. P

"Amp's too loud for me"

Speaker efficiency is a HUGE component of this discussion. If your speaker is only 96 db, you will effectively more than double the power of your amp by changing to a 101 db. 5 db is about the same difference between a 22w & 60w amp. Also, not all amps are rated the same way. I have a 22 watt...
  14. P

Marshall JCM 800, 1987 MK2 - teach me

Yeah man you'll be ok with two 25 watt greenbacks. They only label them 25 watts for tradition, so the cork sniffers will believe they're closer to the vintage ones... truthfully, I've been *cranking* my 100 watt Marshalls into a 4x12" greenback loaded cab for *years* and I've never blown one...
  15. P

Marshall JCM 800, 1987 MK2 - teach me

These amps are NOT meant to be played at low volume. Crank that bitch! It should really warm up between 6-9 on the volume.