Presc's latest activity

• P
    Presc replied to the thread Understanding Strats.
    I completely agree. I love Strats. Some of my favorite players played them and some of my favorite tones were made with them. I have...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread NPD: Barber SmallFryBurnUnit.
    Agreed, they’re a steal on the used market. After chasing through a bunch of Zendrive variants on a question for Dumble tone a few...
  • P
    I've never played a Gibson R4 - or really anything with P90s for that manner - and yet there's a decent chance I buy one in the next 6...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread Swamp ash.
    Glad I got this super lightweight 1-piece body swamp ash Danocaster while the stuff is still out there! I’ve owned a few alder...
  • P
    I'm not very picky. To me, the neck is part of a guitar's unique personality and I like having variety. That said, I've become a...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread Tele Neck Pickup Appreciation.
    Tele neck pickups are criminally underrated. I’ve got a Lollar Vintage T in mine. Very round and warm but still articulate. In fact...
  • P
    You have to go used. Just about anything new will lose value outside of hard-to-acquire stuff like Danocaster. A used guitar with...
  • P
    100%. I got into yoga a few years ago and realized the feeling I get from the “moving meditation” of yoga is very similar to the...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread DGT or 335.
    The 335 is definitely versatile - it can sound good for a lot of styles - but it doesn’t have a lot different sounds, if that makes...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread Need some Strat setup help.
    It sounds counterintuitive, but you might actually need less relief. I had the same issue with plinkiness on the high frets with my 335...
  • P
    Shouldn't your builder be able to help answers these questions and how they'd effect the tone/playability of their build? I'd want to...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread New Heritage Headstock.
    Yup. A small company needs its niche - it has to be 1) equivalent quality and cheaper, 2) better quality, or 3) offer a feature set the...
  • P
    Presc replied to the thread New Heritage Headstock.
    Same shape, but definitely looks more upscale with the inlaid logo and decorative motif. Honestly, the Heritage headstock is such an...
  • P
    Totally agree - I think Fender could absolutely make guitars in Mexico that are equal in quality to the US production line guitars. The...
  • P
    So as Whitecat pointed out, Chris will build whatever you spec, but does have a bit of a standard spec that's a default starting point...