• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by prototype

1. prototype

Thinking about making the jump to a "modern" tube amp (Mesa content)

I am somewhat knee deep in the modelling train, but i think of that as something i use in addition to traditional amps. i've had tech 21, pods, vox tonelab, guitar rig, and most recently have been using Revalver with IRs. They are good but for my needs they just don't give me what i want to...
  2. prototype

Fillmore is definitely on my radar as well. On paper though I don't necessarily see what the advantage of a Fillmore would be over a Lonestar - they seem to have a lot of the same vibe where the Fillmore is just a little more stripped down on modes, etc. Still would love to try them both side...
  3. prototype

Did you ever get an amp that made you re-evaluate your playing?

first time i fired up the blackface showman stack plugged straight in i thought "damn do i really suck this bad?". 85 watts, no reverb, squeaky clean, and treble-forward JBLs.
  4. prototype

Silveface Bandmaster Reverb

I have exactly this. Vibroverb clone with blackfaced internals. Its been my number one amp for almost a decade. Can't begin to tell you how much the 15" JBL is absolutely the perfect pairing for this amp.
  5. prototype

Eventide TimeFactor vs. Rose

This is actually still the case with Boss delays. To me they have always sounded the best among digital delays because of it. I had the timefactor for a while and i really really liked the delay sound but didn't like what it did to the dry signal.
  6. prototype

EVH: How much has he inspired your rig?

i love his sound but it hasn't really made its way into my music at all. if i had to pick out something i would say his use of flanging inspired me to add flange to my playing. other than that i guess you could say using your guitar's volume to clean up even when you're playing with a LOT of gain.
  7. prototype

yeah it seems like the consensus on the supersonic was that it was a great idea but the execution left some things to be desired in a lot of ways. it doesn't have power scaling, but i'm not sure that is going to be a huge problem for me. i've been reading up a lot on load boxes etc and i'm...
  8. prototype

so in the 15 years or so that i've been playing tube amps they've all been of the classic variety.... basically nothing but voxes and fenders and one gretsch/victoria amp, most of them without master volumes, etc. my current amp is a silverface bandmaster reverb that has been re-outfitted into...
  9. prototype

Strat question

i've been playing strats for years and i think yeah there is something to it.... a strat's inherent voice tends to work best either in a power trio type context where it doesn't have to compete with other guitars, or as more of an accompaniment instrument, relegated more to the back of the mix...
  10. prototype

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

So sad. Rest in peace. I am glad we have this place to remember him with all of the users here who were so personally impacted by his music. it is not a an exaggeration to say that lots of people here would have discovered their love of guitar and making music without EVH.
  11. prototype

"Blackface" and "Plexi" in one amp head?

imo the big question is gonna be speakers/cab. like a blackface fender through a closed back greenback cab doesn't sound so "fendery" and a plexi through an open cab with JBLs isn't all that "marshally" i think thats why people get so frustrated trying to get both sounds in one amp.... not...
  12. prototype

How Important is Scale Length to You?

i don't really like playing rhythm on short scale guitars. they are nicer for singing leads, but fender scale length to me carries so much more detail and complexity in the rhythm. the one exception i would say is big body gretsch guitars, but they are so funky and unique to begin with.
  13. prototype

Lets have a last word on fuzzfaces, wah wahs, and buffers

i actually bought a fulltone clyde wah with the adjustable buffer a few months ago. works perfect with my soulbender. too bad fuller turned out to be such a maniac lmao
  14. prototype

YouTube Guitar, Pedal & Amp Demos - They really aren't that useful

thinking about the wild west days in the late 2000s and early 2010s when amp demos were one guy noodling in his bedroom into the camcorder mic
  15. prototype

Gear for pinch harmonics

leather pants. if you are still struggling pull out the big guns and start wearing a necklace

Trending Topics