• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by puckhead

1. P

Your 1st guitar

late 70's, made in Korea, my dad bought this for $35. Later I found out he bought it for himself, and when he couldn't figure it out handed it down to me. Frets are almost done, but it seems wrong to put any money into it. I have already spent more that it's original value replacing the tuning...
  2. P

Silliest guitar I want right now

couldn't resist this one a while back. also a bit tough to play sitting down.
  3. P

Older Larrivee solid body... approx value??

thanks for the info, people.
  4. P

Older Larrivee solid body... approx value??

kind of a closet classic, my friend has had this for about 20 years or so. anyone have any expertise? I didn't see a model number on it apologies for crappy cellphone pics, I was distracted by the Floyd Rose lookin' thingie
  5. P

Thornley and Thorn, Suhr NAMM 2014 party

I love that song. I love that soooong I love that soooong great work Pete. a couple of good Canadian kids blowing the roof off!
  6. P

John Mayer's on SNL right now backing Frank Ocean....

I learned of Frank Ocean via the Afghan Whigs' cover of Love Crimes. It led me back to the source material, which is really good stuff. looking forward to SNL on the west coast
  7. P

Solos 101?

make your fills way longer. ;)
  8. P

Mark Knopfler live. enjoy!

well that was a pleasant hour. thanks for the link!
  9. P

I once played guitar so well that....

I once asked Chuck Norris to re-string my guitar.... you remember that scene from Ghost Ship? yeah, that was the result.
  10. P

Santana dances the night away

no sir, I do not like this at all. there is zero of that 'edge' that made the original great.
  11. P

Most perfectly realized rock album ever?

odd - DSOTM has always been "the perfect album, except for that one song" I always thought "Money" was a crappy song the first time i heard it, and I still do. a couple of perfect albums for me: Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen AC/DC - Highway to Hell Van Halen - I The Cure - Disintegration
  12. P

Favorite Unknown or Underrated 80's Band

Concrete Blonde - it's a shame they are mostly known as the "Joey" band, because their two albums that came out in the 80's were terrific. Hoodoo Gurus - just fun guitar rock from Australia. Mars Needs Guitars a great album. So was Blow Your Cool.
  13. P

Any Love for Kim Mitchell?

oddly, i like Max Webster, but not Kim Mitchell.
  14. P

Goofy looking dudes with great voices!

the first time i saw Screaming Trees (early 90s), Mark Lanegan was so skinny he was pretty effectively hiding behind the microphone stand. Then came this booming growl of a voice. Incongruent, but flat out awesome. 9z6_zqk7V10
  15. P

Eric Johnson - Ah Via Musicom - 1990 - Where You There?

I was about 20 when that album came out. i had heard Cliffs of Dover, and is was something special for sure. I saw him open for Joe Satriani, and spent the break wondering why the hell Satch would have someone THAT strong setting the bar every night. Satch came out and killed it as well...
Top Bottom