• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Rango

1. Rango

High end acoustics

At that price point the world is your oyster! I did about the same hunt at a bit lower price point and ended up with a Taylor 814ce. That said, I'm not in the "Taylor" camp. That's just where I ended up. :cool: I took a friend that plays and made a "lap" of all the shops in Los Angeles at...
  2. Rango

Good workhorses for under $500?

How about.... https://reverb.com/item/47155446-fender-squier-j-mascis-signature-jazzmaster-2012-2018-vintage-white
  3. Rango

FS 2018 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue $900 shipped obo

Yes indeed!:cool: The forum here has a cool feature called an "Ignore List" Welcome to mine! :aok
  4. Rango

FS 2018 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue $900 shipped obo

Wow.... Sir @Trandy was being helpful on what works to sell stuff here on the Emporiums. You can drag and drop picture here but as you said GLWTS ;)
  5. Rango

Kemper Power Kabinet......enough volume for loud live stage?

I have one and it gets pretty dang loud. ;) If the house is empty later I'll dime it and see...:D and you could always run TWO for true stereo...and more volume.:dude I don't even take mine - we have a good PA - and I generally have to fly in for gigs.;)
  6. Rango

NGD: Tom Anderson Drop Top Classic (Hollow, short scale)

Light, short scale? What's not to like? :aok Love the blue flame top! ....I would swap out the Toilet plastic Pickguard, but that's just me.:anon Happy New Guitar Day! :D
  7. Rango

Gibson 355 aftermarket Pickup replacements. Whats your favorite 355 vintage type of pickup replacement

I agree Seth Lovers ( Low Wind, unpotted, Alnico 2..) sound great, but they may be too similar to the stock pu's. Alnico 2 vs. 3 is the only real difference... @Bach88s the other call you might make would be to Jason Lollar. :aok Jason GIGS a 335 in a local band... And produces some pretty...
  8. Rango

Gibson 355 aftermarket Pickup replacements. Whats your favorite 355 vintage type of pickup replacement

Let me know if you want to sell the originals. LOVE them in my '61 historic and would like to try them in my '05 LP! I think this unpotted version sounds fantastic! If I was going after market, there are a million great choices but I'd go with something from Bare knuckle - Likely Mules...
  9. Rango

10CC?

Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry Big Boys don't cry :anon
  10. Rango

Gibson Custom Shop advice: 58 vs 60?

If you played a thin neck and liked it.... You have your answer. R0 V3 I have two R9's and I wish one was an R0 R3. I've found the more I play thumb over the sharp shoulders on the R9 aren't as comfortable. That's one thing they got right on the Murphy Lab Guitars I've played... ROLLED bindings!
  11. Rango

I wanna buy sumthin’!!! Anything…

Fuzz? Begin at the Beginning Cheap fun: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriangleBM--electro-harmonix-triangle-big-muff-reissued-fuzz-pedal
  12. Rango

Tom Bukovac: people who want original frets on their vintage guitars aren’t thinking about it correctly.

Love Uncle Larry. :aok So much experience, shared so freely - His Karma cup runneth over ;)
  13. Rango

New (less expensive) Fender Acoustasonic Player Tele -- thoughts?

I have a Taylor T5, designed by the same guy... It's good and I keep it around for low volume playing.... I don't think I ever gigged it. It's KOA wood and a real looker. I almost never plug it in... I should probably sell it but it's guitar "art". Funny I use my 335 now for "low volume"....
  14. Rango

Whittled it Down to Two. How About You?

I'm down to two... Strats... LP's only one Tele... :rotflmao
Top Bottom