• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Red Ant

1. R

Tinariwen: uber cool Tuareg tunes

Wow, cool to see these guys mentioned here, I've worked with them (producing/mixing)! I'd also recommend Lazywall - a hard rock band from Morocco that I've also worked with: http://www.lazywall.com/media.html
  2. R

Gogol Bordello

You know, being a Russian immigrant myself, I'm not really that enamoured of their schtick.
  3. R

I have found THE MOTHERLODE Of Funk JAMS!!!!

And lets not forget the silver spaceman jumpsuit! :roll
  4. R

And here's the original for the next jam! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKtWMqW4ICM&feature=related
  5. R

CDaughtry: nice take! Relaxed, and a nice clear tone. Stelligan: I LOVED this take!!!! Loved both tones, and the lines were VERY hip! Clayville: restrained and TASTY! VERY nice wah tone, also! :AOK Hottub: Nice take - one thing though. The flat VI doesn't work well over the 1... it works...
  6. R

Considering it was written/recorded in '77 or so, i'd say its the other way around.
  7. R

Can any Firewire interface hang with my current front end?

Excellent choice - and for a 2 more inputs/mic pres and some other nice option, the Onyx 400F isn't a bad choice either! http://www.mackie.com/products/400f/index.html I have one - the Pres aren't quite as good as my Neve 1073s, but I actually like them BETTER than my FocusRite ISAs!
  8. R

Funkstrumentals" by Johnny "Guitar" Watson - an album of instrumental versions of all of his funkiest tracks!!!!! Bought on iTunes, no less!!!! So, without futher ado, here's the 1st of many funky backing tracks from this treasure trove: I Wanna Ta Ta You And of course: My Take
  9. R

Little Amp Alert!

HAHA that's my settings that Ed ripped off from me! :p
  10. R

A big thanks to John Ziegler!!!!

Last night I came down to Ziegler's Monday night jam at the Baked Potato, got to meet Ziegler, Adam Stark, Chris Tondre and a bunch of other really cool folks! We played "Root Down" and a mutated "Cissy Strut" - I had an absolute BLAST, while feeling like the worst guitar player in the room ;)...
  11. R

A short, VERY fast Oleo...

Joe Pass? I wish. Its mostly Ella Fitzgerald that I'm trying to channel ;) And yeah, those guys in that vid are terrifying.
  12. R

Autumn Leaves scooby-fest: need comments

Good ears! After I listened back to my take, I noticed that I only hit those changes ONCE in the whole take :(
  13. R

This I've been doing all my life, on a more or less regular basis, but haven't really focused on it of late, as my life has been rather full. Just starting to get back into it now. And yeah, I listen to far more horn players and piano players than guitarists.
  14. R

For me, "practicing" music generally means opening up the real book and learning/playing tunes. As an alternative, I will sometimes run through the 5 forms of the 3 chord families (min, maj, dominant) in at least one key, starting with 7s then 9,11, 13, altered etc... though I must admit I don't...
  15. R

A short, VERY fast Oleo...

Thanks! I even threw in a quote from "Air Mail Special" at the end ;)
Top Bottom