Recent content by reddgeetarzan

1. reddgeetarzan

Warning for USPS shippers....

7 pages on this post and several others just like it. Apparently you’re not paying attention??? :wave
  2. reddgeetarzan

UPS and FEDEX aren't having ANY issues. Well....they aren't being defunded but they did have to deliver ballots, etc. Still, it's crazy how messed up they are!
  3. reddgeetarzan

Bought a pedal from a guy that's maybe an hour or hour and a half away- he shipped it USPS on Jan 5th. I recieved it Jan 19th. It took 2 weeks to get what may have taken a 2+ hour drive. I learned my lesson the hard way on that one! I'll NEVER ship USPS and I'll request it not be sent thru...
  4. reddgeetarzan

Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie

I’m jumping channels. Master varies. Volumes on channels around 10 o clock if I recall. I like an edge of breakup clean. You’re right it definitely sounds better at higher volumes but this works well. Page tone dialed back to 10-11, gain around 2 and volume (I think) around noon. Can’t quite...
  5. reddgeetarzan

By the way....if you've not put a Kingsley Page in front of this amp, you SHOULD.
  6. reddgeetarzan

New owner here! I couldn't be more happy! The amp just has 'it' and it does it at any volume level. Really, the perfect gigging amp in so many ways! Looking forward to all this thing has to offer. I typically am not a fan of those Weber alnico speakers but geez....this thing sounds so good...
  7. reddgeetarzan

FS 1934 National Duolian

And like a ghost you just pop up randomly with the coolest stuff! One of the best guys to deal with on this forum....or any other for that matter! Dang O! That is sweet!
  8. reddgeetarzan

Welp... I pared down what is going to Costa Rica with me.

I'm SO happy for you! Keep us posted on the move!!! We NEED pictures too! :)
  9. reddgeetarzan

Who makes the best 5E3 amp right now???

I have heard your clips and they ARE amazing! I reached out to price one. He was a little bit on the higher end price wise than I wanted to go for what the circuit is. We shall see- I really do love the sounds you have gotten out of yours though! Great playing too....
  10. reddgeetarzan

So far the Clark has had the most votes! Interesting! The J20 is close behind, but that's not gonna happen at those prices and I've been there and done that. Great amp, but not $3k great. ;)
  11. reddgeetarzan

I’ve owned a Lazy J20 It was great but not $3k great (Celestion Blue) A real 57 5e3 circuit Deluxe (original Alnico Jensen) THE perfect amp! A high quality kit (Cel Blue). It was good, but dark sounding Henry 20t Tungsten Crema Wheat. These last two were too ‘muscular’ and quite a bit louder...
  12. reddgeetarzan

I actually found a Fargen 49/54 for a 'fair' price. Definitely within my budget for this type of circuit, and from a builder I know well and trust, not to mention resale is always pretty solid with most of Ben's offerings. These are kind of rare from Fargen, so I figured why not? I'll keep...
  13. reddgeetarzan

I may do just that! MOJO had kits if I remember. My soldering skills are less than desirable though. LOL.
  14. reddgeetarzan

I can get chassis only from Paul Trombetta for around $1k. Anyone have experience with his? Muleskinner is another one I've heard great things about. They're a little more expensive than Paul's offering.
  15. reddgeetarzan

My thoughts exactly!!! I can't, for the life of me, understand why people pay $3k for a non vintage 5E3.