Recent content by Ricko

1. R

NGD - 335

Really beautiful, congrats!
  2. R

The best acoustic you've ever played? What's your fav brand?

While looking at the acoustics at my local GC I saw a dreadnaught with a winged G on the headstock. I had never seen a Goodall in the wild before. I strummed a G chord and was blown away. I was priced at $1999. I still kick myself for not putting it on my credit card.
  3. R

Acoustic to electric ratio

Two electrics, two acoustics: Danocaster, Suhr/Martin, Taylor.
  4. R

NGD: new 2020 Martin 000-42- Oh My!

Lordy, that is sweet! Enjoy it.
  5. R

Calling all Blue Guitars!!!

This beauty appeared in the Emporium while I was on Danocaster's waiting list. Since it checked all the boxes for me, I cancelled my order and snagged it. Still makes me sweaty whenever I play it.
  6. R

I think I want a Martin, but I need some help.

i bought a new D-18 in July and it's absolutely gorgeous (looks and sound). For $4000 you could buy two of them.
  7. R

Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

I cashed in some PTO and bought a Martin D-18. It's absolutely wonderful.
  8. R

I think I want a Martin, but I need some help.

I recently bought a new D-18. Cost $2000. It's wonderful.
  9. R

String Question

I have a Taylor Grand Symphony cedar/rosewood model that always felt a bit dull. I recently put on a set of 80/20s and wow...it's like a different guitar. Much clearer and brighter. I wish I'd have thought of it sooner. Try out a set; it doesn't cost much and you may be pleasantly surprised.
  10. R

NGD: Les Paul wonderment.

Yeow, beautiful!
  11. R

John Suhr's customer service!

That's a great looking guitar!
  12. R

What's your favorite current compressor?

I was really wanting to buy a Cali76 compact, but for as little as I play out, decided to exercise some self-control. I picked up an Xotic SP and I'm really enjoying it. Compression on low, blend at about 1 o'clock...lovely!
  13. R

Help me find a “better” klone

I've never tried a real Klon, but I recently picked up a non-vintage spec Mythical Overdrive from the Emporium and I think it's fantastic. I had the Archer for a while and I find the MO much more appealing. Best of luck in your search!
  14. R

Danocaster Kubicki Glaser Single-Cut

I saw Mike McAdam play the first time I went to Key West. Afternoon gig with a three-piece band, including the great Ericson Holt on vocals and piano. McAdam (and the others) were great. He put on a clinic of tasteful playing and beautifully crafted solos. Great slide player, too. He plays...
  15. R

Incoming NGD my first LSL

Beautiful guitar, congratulations!