• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by robertkoa

1. R

The official Eric Johnson Strat Appreciation Thread

No just the nice Rosewood !
  2. R

Hard question to admit - which one has better Tones for recording ? Bet it's close right ? They will never get more natural beautiful subtle relicing than the real thing... Beautiful photo .
  3. R

Hard question to admit - which one has better Tones for recording ? Bet it's close right ?
  4. R

I don't even like most Strats and think they are overrated BUT the EJs I played a very very early one with that pronounced V shape very noticeably to C at fret 5 to 7 kind of odd but light as a feather and sounded great. The later ones were heavier bodies and darker toned and liked them even...
  5. R

If you could have anyone's singing voice?

Not in order . Lou Gramm - wide range , power, great ballads , could sing R&B or of course any kind of Rock and great ballads . A bit underrated - not a household name - one of the all time great voices ! Steve Perry Steve Winwood George Michael - what a set of pipes ! Kenny Loggins- got that...
  6. R

EJ Strats - Maple vs. Rosewood Tonal Differences

I am not a big fan of Stratocaster ( Fenders ) - I think they are overrated . BUT the EJ Guitars I played ( never owned one ) were all pretty special good sustain and even tones all over the neck across all the strings and easy to get great Strat tones right off the guitar - BANG . Most Strats...
  7. R

Wanna know why relics sell so well?

Relics are still silly ...... If u like them fine with me . The 60's was a cool time for expansion of music. Bad time for people thinking drugs would ' expand your mind'. Also the better ( not even best ) electrics of today are far superior to most 60's electric guitars. Acoustics may be...
  8. R

The Fractal Audio FM9 is here!

They *'relic' them for an extra $256. * ok not really
  9. R

The Fractal Audio FM9 is here!

Will there be an even larger one ? lol
  10. R

(Update! Shim fix!)) Jescar nickel steel 18% durable enough?

The Jescar wire is a little harder than other people's nickel and for sustaining clean tones with finger vibrato - it seems to sound better and ring better for legato without much gain to my fingers / ears than stainless. You never hear the fret . I think the Gold EVO might be really really...
  11. R

POLL: Favorite Canadian guitarist?

Joni Mitchell - very underrated acoustic guitarist..
  12. R

When do you all believe music started to decline?

Right around 2000 , the Internet Downloads ridiculously low royalty rates for lesser known artists is what really took the worst toll. There was a lot of great music in the 90's still but it became far less profitable and even though people thought record companies were bad - the Internet sucks...
  13. R

Singing - from zero to not-horrible - how fast?

OK - who took lessons singing or woodshedded and could not sing too well and now can sing like 1] Lou Gramm 2] Steve Winwood 3] George Michael Let's make a list ... The Mods will expand the thread if there is more than 1000 of you .... Lol. It's a bit different from woodshedding on guitar for...
  14. R

Why so much animosity for PRS players, or for anyone that has a guitar with a nice top?

Lol. I was not aware of this 'injustice' before . I tried the PRS 513 . Smith went to 25.25 " scale on this Guitar . It has, of course , a Set Neck design even closer to Strat Scale - a nice nod. The resonance and sustain were very good , not great . The limitation was the propreitary...
  15. R

Who is the Most "Likeable" Guitar God?

......Lowering the Bar for ' what is a Guitar God ' to make it reachable for almost anyone who 'woodsheds ' seriously for 10 to 30 years.
Top Bottom