• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by Rocktrans formed

1. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

Can anyone help me figure out what the deal is with my Helix's volume pedal? On patches with a volume pedal, backing off the pedal does NOT reduce the volume to zero; sound still comes through, roughly equivalent to 20% or so on the guitar's volume knob. On the pedal settings, the minimum...
  2. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

I just updated to the newest version of the firmware and it no longer lets me stay on snapshots... instead, it flashes and goes into the pedal settings for that snapshot, and if I want to change snapshots, I have to stomp the two Preset up/down buttons again. This is probably a setting that can...
  3. Rocktrans formed

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I was recently playing with a group where the leader joined a small-ish church, pretty much took over the whole music situation, and spent what must've been a lot of the church's money on a new mixing board, wireless tech, flashy lighting, and other stuff, only to leave a few months later when a...
  4. Rocktrans formed

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I played for the first time at my new-ish church yesterday and it went great. Here's what I used: Revelator Tele -> Line 6 Helix: Deluxe Comp, Klon, Tube Screamer, Swirl (more below), AC30 w/IR. I wanted to escape the typical worship cliches, so no delay, minimal reverb, no volume swells. My...
  5. Rocktrans formed

Today's Wash. Post: "Sorry, rock fans. Hip-hop is the only genre that matters right now."

Typical WaPo pablum. It's less about hip hop vs rock than it is about the author writing a self-aggrandizing monument to his own sense of superiority, lived vicariously through the achievements of people (hip hop artists) who have little in common with him. No wonder newspapers are dying when...
  6. Rocktrans formed

Guitars that were "big" when they came out, but have since disappeared

Gretsch has had a huge resurgence in popularity because guys like Michael Guy Chislett from Hillsong United and Jeffrey Kunde from Jesus Culture started playing White Falcons and Duo Jets about ten years ago. It doesn't hurt that the guitars Gretsch makes nowadays are quite nice, but the main...
  7. Rocktrans formed

Unpopular Opinion: Instagram's Pedalboard culture has become fashion over function

Man, this resonates with me 1000% as somebody who's into both guitar gear and fashion. The flat layouts of Viberg and Rogue Territory clothes are basically the same thing as the Strymon/Vertex/other trendy pedal worship guitarist pedalboards all over Instagram. They're both large communities...
  8. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

My volume pedal is squeaking like crazy after just a few days of use :( Not really acceptable... how do I fix this? I'm not too keen on unscrewing the thing completely and being told I have to replace a particular part like in that Line 6 video. Also, I'd just use my Boss volume pedal instead...
  9. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

Thanks for the explanation Unnecessary, that's actually the clearest breakdown of the pros/cons of IRs that I've seen so far.
  10. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

I bought a Helix this weekend (got a great deal on a new one!) and I'm really liking it so far. Night and day difference from my old HD500x. Dialing in great-sounding tones is almost effortless, especially compared to the POD (on which I got about two or three I thought sounded decent... ever.)...
  11. Rocktrans formed

Line6 Helix

I'm interested in the Helix, here's my main hangup: I usually play at home through headphones (Sennheiser HD-555), though I recently got some Westone UM 30 IEMs, using a Pod HD500x. Reading about the Helix, I see so much about how playing through headphones is terrible and if, say, I play at...
  12. Rocktrans formed

Why are Fender Jaguars so heavy?

I've noticed this too. My MIM Jazzmaster is very lightweight and comfortable, but Johnny Marr Jaguars feel like bricks.
  13. Rocktrans formed

Rush breaks up

Kind of sad, but I'd figured they were done for a while now. They had a great run and went out on a high note, and hopefully the guys can get some nice rest/work at their own pace from now on.
  14. Rocktrans formed

New Revelator - Telecaster with a Jazzmaster Soul

This is a beautiful guitar and I bet it sounds awesome. I owned an early-60s style Revelator Tele about ten years ago, and it's the only guitar I've ever regretted selling. (Among many other things, I really miss how that guitar smelled.) I am looking into having a new one built for me soon...
  15. Rocktrans formed

Genuine Question: What do you love/hate about youtube demos?

I don't like or play blues. I don't like or play shred metal. So please, don't bother demoing pedals with these styles of music when a pedal is clearly not aimed at people playing this stuff. If you play a part from Wilco, The Smiths, The War On Drugs, recent Ryan Adams, etc. then I'll have a...

Trending Topics