• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by rotlung

1. R

Anybody have a PT Nano and a Mono Guitar Tick?

You can put taller feet on the Nano if you need more height instead if building another board, FYI. Sorry, can't help with the tick though.
  2. R

Orange OR15 vs Marshall DSL40, MXR Badass Distortion

The Orange isn't very pedal friendly, I suggest skipping the Badass OD and getting an EQ pedal instead. You can sculpt the high mids and treble range to get close to a Marshall sound. I do this with my Orange amps when needing more cut.
  3. R

Orange Crush series?

I own a new 2015 Crush 20. It has weird artifacts in the decay of the overdrive, and so do the larger Crush Pros. I wouldn't recommend them. It gets the job done for low volume noodling, but I should've purchased another amp. The clean channel sounds decent, but I haven't played any...
  4. R

looking for new amp under $750.

Your ears are deceiving you. That amp is well over a grand and are being blown out right now. It will fit the style perfectly and its lightyears beyond a Tweaker. Bad Cats, even the Chinese made ones are solid amps.
  5. R

Can you hear the "hollow" in a hollowbody jazz guitar?

Tele neck pickups are beautoful for jazz.
  6. R

You only get two electric guitars...

2 teles I okay modern rock/indie stuff
  7. R

College Amp

You want something insanely cheap in a dorm. Theft is rampant at college.
  8. R

Amphones or amplug at the end of a pedal chain?

Why use an Amplug than a small solid state amp with a headphone output?
  9. R

Talk me out of getting one of the Worn Brown LP Studios

well it's brown and that's the color of poop
  10. R

Your fave always on pedal that gives "more of everything"

MXR 6-band gives me more of everything, or less, or more of specific things I want on certain days I'll put my EQ head to head against the best boosts and overrdrives out there
  11. R

British high gain distortion for SS amp

It's a little out of my price range. I don't mind spending a good amount for gear I gig with, but this will mostly be for home use.
  12. R

British high gain distortion for SS amp

I have a little solid state practice amp that I use for general bedroom noodling. It has a decent clean channel that I would like to hit with a distortion pedal to get a high gain British flavored sound. I like things to be a little on the thick midrange, maybe a little wooly side, but I'm...
  13. R

New Quilter Aviator Gold Series

Thanks for posting this. It's not much of a demo, understandably since it's an overview of the amp. The few seconds of playing sound good though. It'd be great to see a more extensive demo of the tones. Is this the 12" version?
Top Bottom