Recent content by rotren

1. rotren

Easy minor blues solo - 10 licks

Thank you my friend. My goal was to make it simple and doable for many players. Glad you like it.
  2. rotren

Easy minor blues solo - 10 licks

Playing this in the saddest of all keys... people weep instantly... according to Nigel.
  3. rotren

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun

Glad you like it guys. It took a while to get it right.... :)
  4. rotren

How to play fast bluesy licks

Thanks Beto!
  5. rotren

Glad to hear it, John.
  6. rotren

The Doors - Waiting For The Sun

Our band Warp Kings just released a new cover song. This is the first time EVER I play slide on a recording. Our singer made the trippy video.
  7. rotren

Obviously, there are several ways to play fast, but I get this question sometimes, and this mix of hammer-ons and pull-offs and slides is how I do it, Let me know your thoughts.
  8. rotren

How to play a blues solo with ONE lick

Thanks my friend!
  9. rotren

How to play a blues solo with ONE lick

It works! Easy but cool?
  10. rotren

Have you improved your technique at a later age?

I am trying to learn economy picking and I’m making progress actually. It is a frustratingly slow process though.
  11. rotren

A sweet Dorian phrase

Thanks!
  12. rotren

A sweet Dorian phrase

13. rotren

My solo on Run Rudolph Run

Short and fun.
  14. rotren

A Christmas song for you

This was a lot of fun to do. It would be awesome if you'd add a comment on the video and let my band members know what you think.
  15. rotren

Minor 9 voicing ideas (just a few)

In many cases, you can replace a minor chord (1-3-5) with a minor 7, minor 9, minor 11 or minor 13 chord. These extended minor chords simply give you "more" or "different" colour into to your music. I look at these as colours - sometimes I go for a minor 7 chord and another time, a minor 9 chord...