• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by rsmith601

1. rsmith601

Source audio Zio

In all of our testing it is far more common that the circuit differences are very noticeable. There are some amp/pickup combinations where it is subtle, but that is much less common. The demo videos show this quite clearly, and YouTube is much less viable for demoing a pedal like this than...
  2. rsmith601

What's the best HALL reverb pedal on the market?

It actually is possible to assign any of the following modulation parameters to one of 2 control knobs topside: Reverb Modulation Depth Modulation Rate Pre-delay Modulation Depth Phase Shift Modulation (this parameter is specific to the Hall L engine)
  3. rsmith601

Pedal Companies with Above and Beyond Customer Service

I very deliberately decided at the beginning of Source Audio that we would be a high customer touch enterprise. There are so many things in business that you cannot control; however, this is one thing that you can control if you put your mind to it. It is surprising to me that others don't do...
  4. rsmith601

Where are we at with SMD (surface-mount) construction?

We had a guy at Analog Devices in the 1980s who could hand wire word slice DSP evaluation boards with multiple 100 pin packages. Those things were works of art. Imagine a huge 1980s audio system 100 percent hand crafted!!! The quality and reliability levels are through the roof.... right...
  5. rsmith601

Source Audio One Series dirt pedals

Well. It looks like we released some on that list, but not as all. I can't remember why. That's a long time ago! Many consumers think there must be something wrong with these pedals. How can something that does so much and so well be priced at $169?
  6. rsmith601

Source Audio - EQ2 Programmable Equalizer

Had not thought about some of those things for a few years!! :)
  7. rsmith601

I just talked to Jesse. Our Q is the same as that in any filter circuit. Bandwidth=Fc/Q. Using this formula and knowing the Q and Fc, you can calculate the bandwidth. If you take the bandwidth and divide by 2, and subtract that from (and add that to) Fc, then you will know F1 and F2. (the...
  8. rsmith601

Did you look at the graph in the editor? I know for sure that the transfer function in the editor is identical to that in the EQ2 filters. I can ask Jesse, but as a former audio filter designer, I highly recommend playing with the parameters in the editor and see how it impacts the frequency...
  9. rsmith601

Source audio Zio

:) Excellent news!
  10. rsmith601

Pedal Companies with Above and Beyond Customer Service

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It's an amazing amount of extra work, but we are dedicated to supporting those who have placed their faith in us. That might sound corny.... but I don't care!! Also, thanks to @npappas and @Gibs210 for their partnership in this vital process! :)
  11. rsmith601

@BDUbs I just looked at the EQ2 desktop editor and isolated one band with varying levels of Q (0.5 to 10). It will give you a very good idea of what to expect. I am not sure we could tell you more than that. It is the exact math behind the EQ.
  12. rsmith601

Source audio Zio

It's worth emphasizing what Christopher said up above. Any buffered pedal is typically designed to be transparent. For example, our Ventris pedal has true bypass and buffers that are very low noise and designed to be unity gain and transparent. Nevertheless, depending on the amp and pickups...
  13. rsmith601

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

This really should work. There is no physical switching going on. We will get to the bottom of this!
  14. rsmith601

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

You might want to send @Gibs210 your presets and configurations?
  15. rsmith601

Source audio Zio

Well, this was the original inspiration. Put all your pedals in bypass and ZIO in front. Adjust ZIO until the ZIO engaged tone matches your ZIO in true bypass tone (otherwise known as right into the amp). In theory, you can now use the other pedals (with ZIO engaged) and get your base tone...
Top Bottom