• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Rumy73

1. R

New Ryan Adams

Lol
  2. R

Any changes in BadCat build quality with the new 2014 models? Transformers, etc.?

I heard one, too, and was impressed. Not against overseas builds.
  3. R

New Ryan Adams

Yeah, him, too.
  4. R

New Ryan Adams

Ryan Adams is a king poseur and a douche bag. Strategically quaffed to appear unkempt and totally insincere sincerity that stupid girls lap up. Dudes listening to this nonsense should double if they have a p or a v.
  5. R

Best recording amps

No offense, but this question is silly without more detail. Musical style? Recording situation? Otherwise it is another thread of dudes sounding off on their gear. For rock and blues, blackstar is nice because one can simultaneously mic the cab and run an emulated direct line out.
  6. R

Two chords simultaneously played a major third apart sound bad. Why?

For the record, Jimi Hendrix helped popularize a chord with both min and maj 3rd. The E7#9 is in Purple Haze, among others. Notes; e, g#, b, d, g (often the fifth, b note, gets omitted, which is common in jazz). http://chord-c.com/guitar-chord/E/dominant-seventh-sharp-ninth/
  7. R

Any changes in BadCat build quality with the new 2014 models? Transformers, etc.?

So how does one know which models are built by Badcat?
  8. R

Going without reverb or delay

I love JP but his leads would have benefited from some ambience. Bone dry tone is unnatural. Unless treated, all spaces have some kind of echo effect on an instrument, which is how we are used to hearing things. We do not stick our ear to the amp like a mic.
  9. R

block the trem

I have all my floyds set for dive only. I used to have wood blocks between the inner part of the trem and guitar. Now, i use a simple device call neck check trem stopper. It is nicer sound as the vibration between trem and body is in better contact...
  10. R

What's the deal with these Digitech Hardwire pedals?

I am sorry. I should have clarified. Yes, no external tap, which is immensely useful.
  11. R

Another song where the Key drive me CRAZY

Micheal Schenker, Blackmore, Scorpions... Euro guys employ it a lot. Of course, Randy Rhoads was a monster with it. Neil Schon, Santana's wunderkid, Richie Sambora is tasty with it. Expand your music collection, damn it! Lol
  12. R

Very true. Rare for classic, really. Players will hit the maj 7th over the IV often, a la Gilmour Comfortably Numb, but they avoid it over the I chord. It probably sounds too jazzy to them.
  13. R

Whoa... I hope this is just confusion about music theory and not your ears. The repeating bendy lick in the third bar goes up to b, which is the major seventh of the c chord beneath it.
  14. R

Not harmonic minor in this case; rather, it is dorian.
  15. R

It is odd but it works. Creates sort of a unique cowboy feel that a minor chord would be too typical.
Top Bottom