• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by S1Player

1. S

Black Metal

I really like Quartermaster Maelstrom.
  2. S

Help me understand Ryan Adams

This will help http://www.metrolyrics.com/bryan-adams-lyrics.html
  3. S

The Evolution of Technical Guitar Soloing

When discussing different styles of music - 80's Shred or Midwestern Blues-Rock - Jazz or Jazz fusion seems to always be the "better" alternative to what is being discussed.
  4. S

Clarence Gatemouth Brown

Key Largo in Portland, OR, in the late 80's. One of the most memorable shows I have seen.
  5. S

EVH Wolfgang USA Custom Relic

Yes, ironic.
  6. S

EVH Wolfgang USA Custom Relic

So, you are seriously worried about the fretboard drying out and - I guess - cracking? Or, were you being ironic?
  7. S

If you can't dig this? The only pocket you got is in yo britches.

Liked it. Reminded me a lot of Soul Jazz that someone posted here a few months back.
  8. S

How do you get a high-gloss from Tru-oil finish?

Fair enough, if your intent is primarily skill acquisition instead of timely completion or a perfect finish on the early 3-4 tru oil projects. My experience - taken with a huge grain of salt - is to go slow with very light coats. And, look back over each coat each time for any runs or...
  9. S

My band hates the sound guy

Stop being the sound guy. Easy.
  10. S

When blues benders become music offenders,,

People do know when they are being condescended to. And, they react. Perhaps your cause and effect is backwards?
  11. S

How do you get a high-gloss from Tru-oil finish?

Unless you just specifically want the challenge of using the tru oil to get a gloss finish or you want to learn it to do it professionally - I'd highly recommend simply taking it to a finisher and have them shoot clear. Just for the one or 2 off - I found it very difficult to get a good gloss...
  12. S

Modern metal is so depressing... where's the fun?

Also, the cookie monster sings a lot of these songs. Who isn't cheered up by the cookie monster?
  13. S

Are we really sure that Jescar is the best fretwire available?

Most scalloping I have is 1/8" or 3 mm from top of fret to bottom of scallop. So I'd like to see frets that tall and could live with just slightly less. Any shorter and they don't reproduce a scalloped feel - you'd get some fretboard when fretting. Allparts makes a giant fret in nickel and -...
  14. S

Modern metal is so depressing... where's the fun?

Depressing modern metal. I like the up beat classics like Paranoid.
  15. S

What are some ridiculously awesome TV themes?

NCIS: Los Angeles. How could a theme written by Jay Ferguson not be great?
Top Bottom