• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by sameoldblues

1. sameoldblues

The "pedal guts pics" thread. Volume II

Thanks! But I'll refrain from claiming madman status until I'm hand-soldering SM components...
  2. sameoldblues

I believe that's 16 gauge. Used 18 PVC coated (stripped, naturally) on today's build of a tremolo pedal: working on the assumption that the tinning is better than it tends to be on uninsulated buss wire. Seems to have held true, it takes solder easier. Now if I could only get the damn pedal...
  3. sameoldblues

Sad lonely man with a soldering iron wakes up with "like" alerts. Most love I've felt in quite some time, so I'm posting more. Shouldn't count as spamming since I've not sold anything yet. Dumbloid with a low mid knob. Two months old, sloppy, but built for personal use: Bluesbreaker...
  4. sameoldblues

playing guitar while high?

Playing guitar while high makes you sound great...to you.
  5. sameoldblues

Who sets up their own guitars?

Best to do it oneself. A setup is a very personal thing. String action and relief are different on all of my guitars, since they all have different necks, different frets, different strings, and different "sweet spots."
  6. sameoldblues

Sold Two Rock Studio Pro 35 combo w/road case

Yep, Paypal is my preferred method of payment
  7. sameoldblues

Sold Two Rock Studio Pro 35 combo w/road case

Up for grabs is my Two Rock Studio Pro 35 combo w/road case. I've gotten into amp building over the past year, and have almost exclusively been playing my own creations during that time...and it's still taken me months of consideration to decide to part with this amp. Condition is excellent...
  8. sameoldblues

Get a Gig and Lose it in 30 Minutes!

Fair points here, and worth considering if applicable to any given band's situation and goals. You've not knocked my grinch hat off, though. It's stapled to my head.
  9. sameoldblues

Get a Gig and Lose it in 30 Minutes!

Not sure of your circumstances, but from the perspective of somebody who plays for a living...I'd pass on the gig for a few reasons. Unless the money is outrageous, once you factor in the time and effort of having an entire band learn 3 hours of holiday songs over the next few months...
  10. sameoldblues

Errr...in an attempt to revive a (personal favorite) zombie thread, I built this point-to-point OD today, mostly in the interest of down-regulating my default mode network. Also because it was a ridiculous thing to do (given the widespread availability of PCBs for this circuit) and I like doing...
  11. sameoldblues

Nashville - headed there this week - looking for vintage shop recommendations

Oh, and if you find yourself in East Nashville, you might try Fanny's House of Music. Their inventory is primarily consignment, so the vintage pieces tend towards the quirky, but the staff is nice, the prices are reasonable and you might strike gold
  12. sameoldblues

Nashville - headed there this week - looking for vintage shop recommendations

Those would be the big three for sure. Carter has the largest inventory, but Gruhn is great, too. Rumble Seat is surprisingly small (as is the parking lot...) and the staff not quite as friendly IME, but that was nearly a year ago and maybe I just caught them on an off day...regardless, it's...
  13. sameoldblues

Vintage Stratocaster's

Agree with Tag 99%. CS quality is reliably excellent, and some of the worst guitars I've ever played were vintage specimens worth more than I make in a year (or two)...BUT, out of scores of vintage strats I've managed to get my hands on--however briefly--my dreams are haunted by a '57 refin...
  14. sameoldblues

Sold Snouse Black Box (Bluesbreaker clone) $65

Up for grabs is my Snouse Black Box. Killer boost/overdrive and a part-for-part clone of a 90s Marshall Bluesbreaker. Selling because I don't play out anymore, so I don't have to worry about my original Bluesbreaker getting damaged or stolen...and don't need two of the same pedal. Side by...
Top Bottom