Recent content by scott1568

1. S

AB165 bias conversion

That's what I did (my tech anyway..)
  2. S

Custom Brown Tweed Style Logos?

The TDPRI thread is titled "amp nameplate source" under the Shock Brothers forum. quote form that thread: "Just thought I'd pass this along. I was looking for someone to make me a custom nameplate and emailed a few people on Etsy. Ended up hearing back from Mindy here...
  3. S

Transparent Slapback Delay advice needed

I think the boss DD-3 or DD-5 is a starting point, thanks
  4. S

It was a nice one...an Echo Jr. from Pharoah Amps... Loved it at home, but I became too dependent on that mid boost when playing live and didn't want to to shut it off ...even when I did not want delay.
  5. S

I use a Gretsch with single coils, and a Guild hollow-body with single coils straight into a Tweed Bandmaster 5E7 clone that I built....(love that amp). Echo Pedal Problem: I've tried a boutique slap-back echo pedal that would emulate old 50's style , tape delays, etc. , but I found it added...
  6. S

I built smaller, under-wound "Wide Range Humbucker"

Nice job. Most people don't understand that inductance is the best measure on how a pickup might sound. How did you measure it?
  7. S

Hum Debugger live experience

I used it live last night and I was really happy with it.
  8. S

Spring Chicken, Topanga or Faux Spring?

Right, if I can get like 90% of the way there, I would rather do the pedal than the tank, less expensive, less stage room required, less to load-in to the venue. But you are right, the real Fender tank is king.
  9. S

I dunno, I had no problems up beyond the 12th fret last night, but thanks for the reply!
  10. S

Spring Chicken, Topanga or Faux Spring?

I'm really anxious to try the Boss FRV-1 as I am looking for a less expensive Fender Reverb tank option. I have tried several other reverbs and have not found one that can actually achieve a real 60's surf tone if that is what is needed. All the other pedals that I have tried kind of lose it...
  11. S

Hey all, I just wanted to post my experience with the EHX Hum Debugger.....bottom line it works. I am a single coil lover and I decided I was going to buy one used from Ebay. Before I ever buy a pedal, I check out the forums to see what other people think. I also check out YouTubes. After all...
  12. S

Replace fingerboard with a thicker one?

Hey all, So I have this inexpensive import archtop set-neck guitar that I would like to hone my skills on. For me the neck is too thin. I would like about another 2mm up and down the neck. I checked the dimensions against my favorite guitar with digital calipers. I would like to replace...
  13. S

'67 Bassman down, photos inside

Hey Mike, The filter caps are about 10 years old and seem to be fine for now. No ripple noises or flabby output. Thanks!
  14. S

'67 Bassman down, photos inside

Well, 4 months had passed and I just couldn't take it anymore, I got it fixed with a 30 cent 100K resistor. I had replaced what looked like fried screen resistors, but that didn't cure the problem. Last week I found a video on YouTube that showed how to check voltages (relatively safely) in a...