• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by scottlr

1. scottlr

Guitar you first really wanted when growing up

Lennon's first RIC 325 caught my eye at age 8. I didn't start playing until age 12. I never ever saw one in any store locally, but I found a 330 and it seemed close enough at the time. I finally bought one in the early 2000s, and for me, all I could manage to get out of it was Beatles songs. I...
  2. scottlr

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

A HUGE loss! I don't know what to say! :(
  3. scottlr

If you could spend 5 minutes playing a famous player's guitar which one would it be?

George Harrison's RIC 360/12 would be a fun 5 minutes for me.
  4. scottlr

If you're in a cover band and not using a modeler...

I played in a cover band full time for years. My gear was: G&L Skyhawk Fender Strat Randall RG60 MXR Flanger DOD Analog Delay EHX Micro-Synth Reverb on amp Mostly the pedals were for my satisfaction, because nobody in the crowd knew if I used them or not. I needed delay, something that did the...
  5. scottlr

John Mayor is on par with John Linen

:spit Yeah, him and Paul McCarthy.
  6. scottlr

Jam on Fusion style

Very nice!
  7. scottlr

Please, I hate this site/

You'll fit right in
  8. scottlr

Def Leppard High n dry tone!

Agreed, especially on the gain. When you listen to all those great old Marshall sounds, most all of them are way cleaner than most players try to copy them.
  9. scottlr

Why do people like Fender Guitars?

I started with RICs in 1967, then moved to Gibsons. I didn't warm up to Strats until the 80s, then 10 years later, my first Tele. I still love and own all of them, but unless I have a distinct urge, I grab this one Tele before trying any of the others for the same job.
  10. scottlr

Any artistes who can offer some advice on drawing guitars?

A ruler would help for both strings and frets, and you only have 18 frets, double-dotted at the 10th. Ruler on pups & neck, too. :D
  11. scottlr

Happy Birthday, Ringo!

Oh, is he that as well? ;)
  12. scottlr

Happy Birthday, Ringo!

80 Years old today!
  13. scottlr

RIP Charlie Daniels

R.I.P. Charlie
  14. scottlr

Not Gibson/Fender/PRS…what is your favorite guitar?

RIC, Guild, G&L if I have to choose not one of OPs exclusions.
  15. scottlr

When men were men and real musicians walked this land

OP, he was probably using a tone bender or a fuzz face. Also possible it was the built-in fuzz on the Kustom amps. Boomer here. Simmer down, Milli.