• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by seratone

1. S

Anyone own a guitar made out of nato wood?

I got a Yamaha CPX 5 bl - I believe it's from about 1999 to practice my repair skills. It was a solid spruce top - Nato laminate back and sides - it's a beautiful looking guitar - but sadly has all the "cheese grater" characteristics of a cheap Chinese knock off guitar - Hi tension strings...
  2. S

How to install a trim pot to lessen the output of a neck pickup

I just got some expensive noiseless Jazzmaster pickups from a major boutique pickup manufacturer - but have found the neck p/u has much higher output than the bridge. I have tried switching them around, lowering the neck and raising the bridge, to no avail. I want to put a trim pot on the neck...
  3. S

Will this be the perfect marriage (AA6 & HX EFFECTS)?

How... ? Please someone explain this...
  4. S

Will this be the perfect marriage (AA6 & HX EFFECTS)?

This is the perfect Marriage!!!! - Now help me connect it? I have a HX effect unit and a AA3 - I've posted about 4 questions in Line6's site, Atomic's site and The Gear Page, asking how to set it up with the four cable method. The manual on page<9> isn't clear - it's assuming you have an amp...
  5. S

Atomic Amplifier with Line 6 HX

I've got a Line6 HX Effects Unit - trying to get working with the 4 cable method with my AA3. I want the compressors to be before the AA3 and the modulation after - in stereo. This shouldn't be difficult. The Manual isn't clear, the 4 cable method on page <9> of the HX Manual it's assuming...
  6. S

How to use external reverb in an Allen and Heath Z10-FX Mixer

This is newbie question I have an Allen and Heath z10-FX Mixer - I'm rehearsing and recording with an acoustic 'trio' - very atmospheric - I want to replace the on-board reverb with something a little better - I was actually thinking of using a Neunaber Stereo 'wet' reverb - a guitar pedal...
  7. S

Atomic Amplifire corrupted firmware update?

Hi folks...Asking if there's a way to physically reset the Atomic Amplifire? The editor can't refresh it. It's in a hung state from what appears to be an interrupted firmware update.
  8. S

Powered speakers for your modeler - another option

I use and Atomic Amplifire - prior to that a POD HD500 I have never used either live - I guess anyone who uses a modeler finally reaches that giant 'elephant in the room' conversation of "how the hell am I going to amplify this thing?" - Tom King had the same question when he first bought a POD...
  9. S

acoustic amp for live/busking use, and other philosophical questions

I don't play on the street - but I have tried a littany of solutions to make an acoustic sound good louder - I picked up one of these a few months ago. http://mackie.com/products/freeplay I play in a trio without drums, one fellow and I go through the Mackie and the electric guitar player uses...
  10. S

Another K&K Mini preamp question

I recently sent my j-45 off to get a K& Mini installed and the Element removed. I posted an earlier thread where I couldn't get the Element to pick up the high E. As all my other guitars have active preamps I was wondering if I need 'something' to make this optimal. I already have TC Bodyrez...
  11. S

Ongoing Bridge Piezo issues with a J-45 - L.R. Baggs Element

I forgot about the Lyric - I pre-ordered one when they first came out about 4 years ago for a 68 Slope Shoulder J-45.... And I had to swap it out for an element. The boxy mids were WAY out of control. I could have tamed it with EQ, but I felt I'd have to carry around an EQ until with the...
  12. S

Lr Baggs Para DI or Tc Bodyrez?

I agree that the Para and the Body Rez are two entirely different things, and could be used together. I have an acoustic signal chain that goes like this : TC Tuner>Fishman Aura Sixteen>TC Spark>TC BodyRez>boss GE7 EQ>TC HOF Reverb. A few weeks ago I got the new Boss AD2 - it replaced the whole...
  13. S

Ongoing Bridge Piezo issues with a J-45 - L.R. Baggs Element

I have an 2008 Gibson J-45 that has always had a problem with the high 'E' not being properly picked up by the L.R. Baggs Element peizo pickup. I have brought it to three different repair people - they have tried shims, re-routing the cavity - even an entirely new UTS pickup strip provided by...
  14. S

Anyone using their AmpliFire for Bass?

Thanks! - that sounds great, you just saved me a drive in the snow to buy a crappy bit of gear...I was going to throw some processing in front of the AF (like a Boss ME50b) but realized the processing the in the AF surpasses all that. Before I got this post I got and SVT IR set from Red Wirez...
  15. S

Anyone using their AmpliFire for Bass?

I just got a Jazz Bass after years of not being a bass player - I'm using the Bassman patch on the Amplifire and a couple of pedals before it (TC Electronic Spark and a Boss GE7 EQ and a Fulltone OCD).... I didn't have much luck with the AF compressor - but then again I know squat about...