Recent content by seward

1. seward

Gibson price increase

The LP Special Tributes, humbucker or p90, are still $999, same as before the first price hike, and (still) excellent guitars for the money.
  2. seward

Gibson price increase

Noooooooooooooo! Those are still almost bargains (relatively speaking)! The Gibson is brilliant, really worth the money, but the Epiphone is fantastic, and more of a deal.
  3. seward

NGD 2021 LP Classic Lite.

Looks great, too! Happy NGD.
  4. seward

Are the new Les Paul Standard (60's & 50s) better, same or worst? (Poll)

I bought a few Studios between 2014 and 2019, and I bought a new one last December. I think that the new one sounds better than the old ones, and I think that it was put together better than them, but I don't remember any of the older ones having tool marks on their fretboards. I may not have...
  5. seward

Gibson price increase

Very glad that I bought a Gibson LP Studio last December, and an Epiphone 59 LP Standard three weeks ago.
  6. seward

Gibson price increase

Again? Less than a year? Srs? Guys? Srs?
  7. seward

Are there any neck-through, 24 fret, Floyd Rose, guitars that do not have a thin neck?

ESP LTD has nice fat neckthroughs, or at least it used to. Jackson Pro Soloist?
  8. seward

NGD: PRS Private Stock McCarty 594 Hollowbody II

Happy NGD, beautiful guitar! I just started playing hollowbodies, so I think that's a brilliant idea. I'd love to play it, but I would understand if you don't want to circulate it.
  9. seward

Would you go around with your 20k guitar?

It would stay at home, where I would play it a lot. For lessons, maybe an LP Classic?
  10. seward

Have you ever bought a beautiful guitar but felt it wasn't very good?

I had beautiful guitars that I didn't know how to use, but that's not the same thing.
  11. seward

It is 2022 and this still has not been solved?!

I was surprised, too. I think I've had my most positive split-coil experiences with high-output pickups (as has been noted), and also, neckthrough guitars. A bunch of ESP E-II/LTD guitars gave me pretty good split coils. I've never had a use for whatever Gibson is doing on the LP Studio (I...
  12. seward

RIP Bowie and Iggy Pop guitarist Ricky Gardiner

Thanks for posting this. Mr. Gardiner played what is possibly the greatest rhythm guitar riff, ever.
  13. seward

So, you're a rich famous guitarist touring the world, do you...

I'd like to own at least an S2 some day, hopefully some day soon.
  14. seward

So, you're a rich famous guitarist touring the world, do you...

It occurs to me that the effect could be enhanced with visual cues; e.g. Epiphone and Squier logos in glow-in-dark material, or illuminated from behind w/ LED lights in headstock (very do-able) etc. And the LEDs could be touch-sensitive, so they get brighter when you play faster, or when the...
  15. seward

What guitar equipment made the greatest impact on your playing journey? What style of music were you using it for?

Moving from Stratocasters to Les Pauls, and buying a tube amplifier.
Top Bottom