• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by SFW

1. SFW

IEM Earbuds

I just wanted to say thank you to those that recommended the KZ AS10s. I picked up a set off Amazon, and used them at a show last night. They sounded absolutely great! My guitar sounded like my guitar- instead of an angry can a bees. So thanks!
  2. SFW

IEM Earbuds

Hello all! My band is transitioning to an IEM system for live shows. This is a daunting new world for me... as I really haven't had any experience in it. I picked up a set of Shure SE215s, and a set of cheap six driver amazon special earbuds. I like how the Shure earbuds fit my ears, but they...
  3. SFW

Favorite Suhr Strat pickups

I recently installed a pair of V60LPs in my strat with an SSV+ in the bridge. Absolutely love they way they sound. Granted, I play hard rock on a hot rodded Marshall style amp. The neck V60LP will do Hendrix all day long though.
  4. SFW

NGD Plus NPUD

Thanks guys! I am really digging the setup. Yes, the Splawn and EVH do sound good together... although I am starting to get major GAS for Friedman SS100.
  5. SFW

NGD Plus NPUD

Picked up a Sweetwater Fender American Professional Strat last month. Came with a roasted maple neck, rosewood board and an alder body. It came stock with Fender Custom Shop 69 pickups- which sounded good, but I wanted to make this a rock machine. So I picked up two Suhr V60LP single-coils...
  6. SFW

Are younger players turning away from the Les Paul?

The popularity of the Les Paul comes and goes. Slash was primarily responsible for the last resurgence in the 90s. I love both of my Les Pauls- a Standard and a Classic. They both play great. I also love my Strat and my Charvel Pro Mod. If a player comes along swinging a Les Paul that kids...
  7. SFW

Eric Johnson equivalent Strats?

I recently picked up a Sweetwater UAS Professional Strat, and have been very impressed with the quality of the guitar. From the roasted maple neck to the impeccable fret work, the guitar is top notch. It does have a very light satin finish on the neck. I have only played one Fender Custom...
  8. SFW

The Gibson Les Paul Classic ... which year(s) is best?

I have a 2001 that is outstanding. I changed the pots for CTS 500k and did the 50s wiring. Also put in some pickups that were more my flavor.
  9. SFW

Suhr SSH+ and Aldrich pickups???

I've had both in a Les Paul. The SSH+ has more top end. The Aldrich has a mid range grind that few other pickups have. It has become my go to Les Paul pickup.
  10. SFW

Clapton 24 Nights Tone

I have always loved Clapton's tone on the 24 Nights album. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea... but for the sake of this thread, lets just stick with I love this tone...lol! I know that he had a sizable rack setup during this period, but I don't hear a ton of grease on this tone for...
  11. SFW

Should we be buying guitars from mom and pop stores now?

I would love to show at my local mom a pop store. Unfortunately they only carry Squire starter packs these days.
  12. SFW

Which Shur single-coils to pair with the Aldrich bridge?

I am in the process of overhauling my strat to make it a rock machine. I will be using a 53mm Suhr Aldrich in the bridge position, and I’m trying to decide on which singles to use in the neck and middle. I want to capture that Hendrix/Trower/SRV vibe with the neck pickup. I was thinking of the...
  13. SFW

Which Shur single-coils to pair with the Aldrich bridge?

I am in the process of overhauling my strat to make it a rock machine. I will be using a 53mm Suhr Aldrich in the bridge position, and I’m trying to decide on which singles to use in the neck and middle. I want to capture that Hendrix/Trower/SRV vibe with the neck pickup. I was thinking of the...
  14. SFW

Sweetwater Fender American Professional Strat

Yes, I am aware of the jumbo frets. Those are actually a preference for me. How do the CS69 pickups compare to the Fat 50s or the 57/62s?
  15. SFW

Sweetwater Fender American Professional Strat

Has anyone bought one of the Sweetwater American Professional Strats? Looking at the one with the roasted maple neck and the CS69 pickups. If so, I would love to hear what you though of the guitar. I am seriously considering a rosewood board model.

Trending Topics