Recent content by Sherwood

1. S

Doesn't look like people are blowing their Celestion G12-EVH. What am i missing

I thought so but celestion specs are 20w and they sound very different (better) when directly compared to my 25w greenbacks. Is there a way to check for actual power handling so i can actually know how much i can push them?
  2. S

Doesn't look like people are blowing their Celestion G12-EVH. What am i missing

As far as i'm concenred the awsome sounding G12-EVH speakers are nothing but rebrandaded 20w greenbacks. I love the sound but i'm affraid to blow up my 212 cab loaded with them. Still, when i look at the specs of the official EVH 100W set up, the amp is able to put out at least 100w (probably...
  3. S

Any wraparound or stop bar bridge with Floyd Rose string spacing and radius?

I searched Gotoh's catalog but couldn't find anything that criteria or could be adjusted for a flatter radius and wider string spacing.
  4. S

Friedman BE-100 no sound after rebias. Any clue?

I’m not confortable working inside the amp so i’ll take it to a tech. Wow... if the choke is to blame then this is going to be my 2nd choke burnt on different amps in 3 months after over a decade of constant tube amp playing with zero issues. Do you guys think of something that may cause...
  5. S

What you say make a lot of sense. How can i check that out? Thanks
  6. S

I didn’t try that but Bias pot was far from zero, the rebias was done and i was getting a proper bias reading (~32mA). Then i turned the amp off to switch the bias probe to the other pair of tubes. When i turned it back on it was zero. Any idea? Thanks
  7. S

It happened after regular maintainance i usually do every 6 months on all my amps. I carefully removed the chassis from the cab, cleaned oxidation off the surface of the chassis and transformers (didn’t touch the inside) and reset the bias. I use a bias probe tool i bought on ebay wich conects...
  8. S

Can you get Flanger with Delay on the H9?

As far as i'm concerned there's no algorithm with Delay and Flanger neither Pitch with Delay algorithm. Considering i can have octave or pitch shift with Delay form the H910 algorithm, i'm wondering if you tweaker guys have any advice on getting Flanger with Delay from any algorithm? [edited...
  9. S

Celestion Marshall G12 Heritage - Specs and sound?

I'd like to know what their specs, in wich cab or combo they were fitted and how they compare to a 25w greenback? I could only find 1 demo and thought they lack midrange complexity... but it's always hard to judge from a single youtube demo. Thank you
  10. S

Recomend me: Chorus pedal w/ parallel dry out, small footprint

I need a repleacement for an old noisy but great sounding ibanez chorus. This is going to act as a signal splitter, so i need a parallel (in phase) dry out like the ibanez’. Chorused signal is going to a comp and clean amp, dry signal is goig to a slightly overdrriven second amp. Pedal doesn’t...
  11. S

Friedman BE-100: How are you setting levels when using the fx-loop?

I remember the manual saying something like "when using the fx loop the Return Level becomes your master volume and the channels master on the front panel becomes the send level". So i set it the opposite as you recomend: ch volmes (send level) up high, fx return volume to desired room level...
  12. S

Friedman BE-100: How are you setting levels when using the fx-loop?

I have an Eventide h9 on my BE-100's fx-loop. Works great with my other Friedman amp (Smallbox 50) but not stellar with the BE. When i engage the effects loop my clean channel sounds boomy, looses a good deal of the harmonics and the clean level never matches the distortion ch's volume. When i...
  13. S

12AU7 vs. 12AX7 tubes

I have a great collection of vintage tubes and used to experiment a lot. Here's my 0.2 cents worth of opinion: - Experiment replacing V1 only (that's where you're going to get the most impact in gain). Save cash and don't bother replacing V2 becouse it's usually the tone stack tube and won't...