• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Recent content by skiltrip

1. skiltrip

Current true bypass chorus pedals with a mix/blend knob around $100?

It’s a very pretty chorus though. Nice for some clean stuff, but I need to be able to dial out some warble for medium gain and up. The JHS 3 Chorus is a very deeply voiced chorus for my taste. Again, lush for clean picked stuff, but no good for rockin out.
  2. skiltrip

Looking at that Ibanez mini chorus. The MXR M234 Analog Chorus isn't true bypass I don't believe.
  3. skiltrip

Ibanez Mini Pedals?

I'm currently looking at the Ibanez mini Chorus. I need true bypass and a blend control. Analog is a nice touch.
  4. skiltrip

How to discretely and politely change your Sweetwater Sales Engineer? and recommendations?

I played a show in Fort Wayne, IN back in like 1999. We stayed at some dude's house after the show. Some real interesting people there. He had 28 cats (give or take) that kept jumping on my head and everything smelled like cat pee, so I went out to sleep in the tour van instead. Nothing to...
  5. skiltrip

How to discretely and politely change your Sweetwater Sales Engineer? and recommendations?

I'm not going to drop any names here, but I was assigned a Sales Engineer I had for years that I really liked. Always very helpful. He got a promotion a few years back and moved on within the company, so I'm happy for him. Then I got assigned a dude that was decently knowledgable, but was kind...
  6. skiltrip

Nice, I was looking around for one of these. I have the Cool Cat Tremolo and I actually love the sound of it. Hate the layout, weird look, and knob location, but sonically, the CC Trem is great.
  7. skiltrip

What are some current true bypass chorus pedals that have a mix/blend control to dial in more or less clean signal or Chorusing? I'd prefer to stay around $100, but if it goes a little higher, I'm open to suggestions.
  8. skiltrip

JHS 3 Series: Cool tones / Better Value

I do have a UV300. I haven't directly compared them yet, but now that you reminded me, I will. The UV300 is just really really smooth. First impressions, is the UV300 is smoother and less "weird" at more intense settings, whereas the 3 Series Chorus is wonderful at subtle settings, but it's...
  9. skiltrip

JHS 3 Series: Cool tones / Better Value

Just picked up the 3 Series Chorus. Was using a CH-1, but wanted a true bypass chorus option. Definitely different than the CH-1, but I like the 3 Series a lot. Very clean, very pretty. I like the vibrato mode more than I thought I would. I can now see why so many YT demos spend so much...
  10. skiltrip

Your Black Friday Purchase

Cyber Monday got the best of me. JHS 3 Series Chorus on it's way, as well as a Boss TU-3W. I went almost all of November without buying a thing, so I guess that's a good thing!?
  11. skiltrip

JHS 3 Series

Anyone tried to do any painting/art/whatever on their 3 Series? Just ordered the Chorus, and I just can't get over the feeling that it needs to be blue.
  12. skiltrip

white whale reverb comments?

The SurfyBear Conpact can easily be dialed into to amp spring territory and is lovely. It’s not just a surf machine by any means. Lots of range in that thing.
  13. skiltrip

Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

Looking hard at the JHS Emperor right now. Any downsides I'm missing?
  14. skiltrip

Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

It's an older analog one. Forget the exact year though. I love this pedal, I just don't like the brightness I get with the buffer. I prefer the naturally darkening I get with my single coil guitars from using true bypass pedals.