• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by sliberty

1. sliberty

Does HX Edit work with OS 12 Monterey?

If you are having trouble with Native, try this (it worked for me when Native wouldn't work in Big Sur. Enable Rosetta for Logic Pro. Run Logic Pro, and rescan for Native. Shut down Logic Pro. Uncheck Rosetta. Start Logic Pro again. For me (under Big Sur) this solved the problem, and Native...
  2. sliberty

@phil_m Thanks for that link. Looks a bit split over there, but @DanRad, and a few of the folks in that thread mentioned having an M1 Mac Mini, which is what I have so it sounds promising.
  3. sliberty

I have an HX Stomp and an M1 Mac Mini. I'd like to update my OS to Monterey, but Line 6 has not fully tested HX Edit with Monterey yet (if I am not mistaken). Have any of you been running HX Edit on Monterey? Any issues, or smooth sailing?
  4. sliberty

Helix Native not working after Mac updates

Thanks for this - worked for me too!
  5. sliberty

Amp or FRFR cabinet for modeler??

I run pure simple mono all of the time. So, I am running a cable from L out of my modeler to L in on the little hifi amp, and left out of the little amp to my guitar cabinet. But, it is a stereo amp, so if I ever decide to run stereo, the capability is there and to end (just need 2 cabs).
  6. sliberty

Here is the description to search for (I can't seem to put the Amazon link in here) Facmogu TDA7498E Stereo Audio Amplifier Car Audio Amplifier with Power Supply DC 24V 6A,160W x 160W Dual Channel Hi-Fi Amplifier, Mini Class D Integrated Digital Amp Home Speakers (Amplifier+Adapter)
  7. sliberty

Previously, i used an Alto TS310, a 10” FRFR wedge. But i found it was not as satisfying as my current rig, so i sold it. Currently i use a class D power amp into a guitar cabinet loaded with a guitar speaker. I keep the cab sim / IR disabled. This, for me, comes much closer to the sounds in my...
  8. sliberty

Pickup swap: Noventa Telecaster

Thanks for the replies. I did end up replacing the stock pickup with the Lollar 50's Wind P90, and it is just what I was hoping it would be. Funny thing - the Fender stock pickup that I took out of the bridge position of my Noventa says Neck on the bottom plate. It might be mislabeled, or it...
  9. sliberty

Flamma Preamp pedal

The larger modulation pedal has worked out just fine, and I like it a lot. I can't speak to the Preamp pedal as I don't have one, but I will be watching to see your feedback if you get it.
  10. sliberty

HX Stomp screen glitchiness in 3.11

Apologies if this has been covered here already. I noticed recently that when scrolling through presets on my Stomp, sometimes, the center of the display would be blank, and sometimes there would be colorful glitches near the bottom of the display. After doing the obvious (backup-reset-restore...
  11. sliberty

Joyo Noise Blocker

Yea, I did mean ZGP :( Cool that it is working for you too. Not sure why it didn't work for me in my earlier attempts, and I don't remember what that configuration was.
  12. sliberty

Joyo Noise Blocker

Joyo NGP - noise blocker This device is supposed to be like having 1 port of power supply isolation. I bought it quite a while ago, and when I tried it, it seemed to do nothing to help with noise. Today, I resurrected this little device, and tried it to isolate 2 devices that were attached to...
  13. sliberty

Line 6 POD Go

Well, as we know, they don't have to do that. The cab and mike are already set. But I agree that a total newb wouldn't realize they can leave the defaults until they know more and are ready to take a more advanced approach. I guess new players won't think this way, especially young players, but...
  14. sliberty

Line 6 POD Go

I guess this all depends on how you define a beginner. Is it someone who has never used a modeler or multi-effect pedal before, or is it someone that also has little to no effect pedal experience? if you have never used a multi-effect pedal before, but you know how to use effects that involve...
  15. sliberty

HX Stomp with External FX

DIgital artifacts are often due to clipping. Try reducing the levels of your effects a bit. But you atill might get better overall tone if the are after the amp. Thats how many folks do it with physical amps too.
Top Bottom