Recent content by smorgdonkey

1. S

Owning more than one type of guitar

I'd love to think like that...instead, I have guitars everywhere.
  2. S

Value of a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

I love it. I need a banana headstock too...
  3. S

'59 for sale ...

I wonder if the intonation is 'in'...
  4. S

When you setup your guitar, do you wing it or use one of these...

I just wing it but if I was into doing my own fret work then maybe I'd have to consider a new tool or two...
  5. S

What will a refret do to the binding of my Les Paul?

That's probably it!! This photo shows a dude performing a process which puts me in mind of the marks I've seen on the bindings too...
  6. S

Love Those Pointy Guitars Thread

Kramers Charvels & Jackson
  7. S

Floyd: larger sustain block?

I can't say much more than what is in my first post on this thread really. It is such a quick upgrade in my opinion I don't know why more people don't do it before replacing pickups.
  8. S

I have. They are interesting in my opinion...but I don't recall seeing that part of the process in the tour vids that I've seen.
  9. S

Someone who went on a Gibson tour told me that there was a lady there using a scraper doing something to the neck and it was during a discussion about bindings. It seems to me that it was a piece of glass...maybe... It would be interesting to see that process!!
  10. S

I don't know the answer to that one mc5nrg. I thought that they always had them like that with bindings. I'll tell you one thing though...the sloppiness of the binding work is what made my decision to buy a Studio instead of one of the fancy ones. I love Gibson, I think the Les Paul is the...
  11. S

Floyd: larger sustain block?

Both of the guitars I put the larger blocks in are Kramers. One is a Kramer F-1000 and the other is an American Series Pacer Custom II. I don't think you'd run into any Kramer from the 1980s that would require any routing. F-1000 and the Pacer Custom II is on the left
  12. S

Good Electric: $300-$600?

For sure. I got a Tribute Legacy Premium for quite a bit under the bottom of the posted 'price range' for this thread...$258 plus shipping...!!
Top Bottom