Recent content by socalscott

1. socalscott

Low Watt or Higher Watt with Attenuator?

I re-amp my 1W Fryette gp/di with internal RL and mic/cab sim section. All tube, all analog. Amp in the room via an Acoustasonic sfx2. Does closed and open back and the headroom is adjustable. So my vote is ultra low watt.
  2. socalscott

What amp am I looking for? (head, clean-ish, thick, warm)

Bandmaster Tweed clone? At least you've defined my Thomas Amplification clone combo with MV and 3x10 Alni's. What's that Dr.Z clone model?
  3. socalscott

Should I go back to tube amps?

Bluguitar Amp1 is not one of the options mentioned as yet? I'll throw in my usual tiny Fryette gp/di 1W head with internal reactive load and analog cab/mic sim section. Lots of potential when re-amping and there's a tube buffered unity line-out.
  4. socalscott

IRs for gigging with Fryette PS100?

Doesn't Fryette now have the analog cab/mic sim with low mid and hi mid controls? My gp/di sims are pretty dang nice. There is punch with AITR factor, more so than ir's loaded into my hx stomp. I've got it dialed pretty close to my BandMaster Tweed clone with 10" weber alnico's. So yeah, vintage...
  5. socalscott

Any non shredders using jazz picks?

Since the 90's on the Jazz 3's most of the time. I wanted the grip, but stayed for the flesh tone. There's more clarity in chords, less gainy, so there's more bloom with grind or saturated settings. Offers even attack/tone with hybrid finger or Claw picking. It was once pointed out that...
  6. socalscott

2X10 and 4X10 cabs are underrated (for guitarists)

So, my Bandmaster-ish clone(Avatar) has 3 Classic Alnico Webers. Dream RAWK tones and much more. Next to it I re-amp a tiny Fryette gp/di valvulator 1W head with internal RL and analog cab/mic sim section. A/B test is surprisingly close...SMH. BTW, using an older Acoustasonic SFX2! Great...
  7. socalscott

2X10 and 4X10 cabs are underrated (for guitarists)

Early Montrose, BM + LP. I had no idea. Boy, my BM-ish clone with 10-way tone stack bypass will Rock The Nation indeed!
  8. socalscott

Re-Amping, your best tones yet?

Ah yes, I've used it as a hub for a ultra low watt w/d/w all tube rig. It's a wee beast. At only 1W, there's not much of a load going on. Which could be a) easy on the power output section and b) improved reliability overall. I like not heating the room with glass neither. Well four lil tubes...
  9. socalscott

Yeah, I dig the simplicity of the tiny Fryette GP/DI and one cable into my Acoutasonic SFX2. Oops, I do like a clean boost before the SFX2 for big cleans when I roll git vol down. I'm not getting as much feel and AITR out of my HX Stomp.
  10. socalscott

...especially for the reasonable home SPL's. Very much the case for me and I'm stoked that my 1W Fryette with internal RL also has very nice analog cab/mic sims(ITR feels). I mess around with an HX Stomp and it's IR's, but meh. I am diggin' teh analog mojo.
  11. socalscott

NAD: Dr Z Z Master

Killing me man, killing me. Though I do have myself a wonderful hand wired Thomas version with Webber Alni's, 10 pos tone stack bypass and a brite switch for more Super-ish vibe. Reverb is so nice, has mix and tone too. Got it mint and paid half a G! I understand from what Doc said, the custom...
  12. socalscott

Boosting my Re-amp line-out for spanky cranked cleans! What?

Anybody else doing this? Instead of a clean amp platform for dirt pedals, I prefer a saturated amp platform and when rolling off git vol to 1-2, I use a compressor pedal to clean boost the line-out to the re-amp unit. 1W Fryette GP/DI with internal RL cleans up nicely from very saturated...
  13. socalscott

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

In your opinion, does this amp when set clean also play well into the school of speaker selection delivers a lot of the character?
  14. socalscott

It's Official. Western Electric is going to make Guitar Amplifier Tubes

Hmmm, tanks are indeed in a solid state. These LAB Series amps(SS) are still going today, which has nothing to do with superior delays.
Top Bottom