Recent content by speedtaco

1. speedtaco

Tell me more about the Orange Rockerverb 50 MkIII

I’ve been meaning to chime in on this thread. I picked up a Rockerverb MK III head a few months ago on craigslist. I’ve played blackface fender amps for decades, but wanted to try something different with tube overdrive and reverb. I love this amplifier. Reverb is great, clean‘s are great, and...
  2. speedtaco

your suggestion for best Jerry Garcia w/Grateful Dead LIVE recording

Funny, I came to post this show. So great. The dicks picks from pembroke pines florida is also excellent.
  3. speedtaco

WTH happened to this tube?

This is great, thank you. Always wondered why my NOS Jan Phillips 6L6 tubes had that flashing.
  4. speedtaco

That‘s funny
  5. speedtaco

unuseable?
  6. speedtaco

It’s got a bunch of white powder which I assumed was from flashing, but what is that ring in there? Such a bummer when this happens to a new old stock tube.
  7. speedtaco

8. speedtaco

Orange Amplification Owners Thread

Thanks @JimmyBrungus & @tonedover !! Great information
  9. speedtaco

Orange Amplification Owners Thread

I had a quick question about the Celestion vintage 30 speakers. isn’t there an English made version, and a Chinese made version? I ask because I have a orange 2/12 cabinet, and I’m wondering which speakers are in mine. I can’t get the back off of my cabinet! I think it’s been on there so long...
  10. speedtaco

NAD Orange Rockerverb MKIII

I will add, that the rockerverb does not have the sponginess of a fender amp if that makes sense. It’s much more immediate and responsive to your picking. The mids and highs on the amp are great. My drummer said it was the first time he could really hear my Les Paul.
  11. speedtaco

NAD Orange Rockerverb MKIII

I picked up a rockerverb 50 MK III off of my local craigslist about five months ago. I actually bought it to use with a Carvin 412 cabinet that used to belong to Frank Zappa. The head came with an orange 212 cabinet. I figured I would sell the orange cabinet to help offset the cost of the head...
  12. speedtaco

Rush fans comment

Police influence still strong on that album, and in the video above. Big fan of Grace. That’s the only Rush tour I missed since the signals tour, which was my second ever concert.
  13. speedtaco

Dickey Betts ES-335...

BTW, One of dickeys greatest songs in my opinion
  14. speedtaco

Dickey Betts ES-335...

I saw the allman brothers a bunch of times in the 90s. He only played the guitar at one of the shows, in Greenville South Carolina. yes, his tone was amazing and I’m really glad I got to see him play it live.
Top Bottom