• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Squakles McGee

1. S

Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special

A long shot, but I used to own a 1998 Gibson SG Deluxe. If I ever find another one, I'd probably get that.
  2. S

My thinking is that if I can use his Jazzer, why try to buy it. I love the jag I played a couple years back, but if its close enough in sound/feel I'll probably get something different. Maybe a Firebird...
  3. S

Not a bad plan. Dunno if he wants to sell, but I will definitely consider it and bring it up to him. Its a sweetie. Dunno why they say it has a nitro finish, cause if it does, it feels almost identical with the majority of my guitars (poly finish). Not that it matters, but they shouldn't...
  4. S

Hmm. Do you or have you owned one of the AVRI Jags? I played one a couple of years ago at Elderly and it was superb.
  5. S

OK. So my buddy and co-guitarist has an AVRI Jazzmaster in black which he never uses (he's a southpaw, and its a righty) so I grappled my hands on it, and love it. So much so that I've decided to sell my Strat and buy an offset of my own. I stumbled across these new Jaguars on the Fender...
  6. S

Dod Fx17: Vco Info?

Thanks for the info All. I think I might sell it, and get a HOG and expression pedal.
  7. S

Interesting, but not much on the VCF function. Anybody know if this would work with something like the Moog CP-251?
  8. S

Hey, I have a DOD FX17 Wah/Volume that I have gotten good results with, both as a wah and a volume pedal. However, I am interested to try out the Control Voltage part of the pedal. The problem is, I don't know what to get to use it. Do I get a VCO or did DOD make something to use in tandem with...
  9. S

Ok...My music. My songs, is more like it.

finally got a group together, 4 piece. Influences - The Band, Wilco, Little Feat, Dylan, Neil Young, etc...Should be a rockin set up.
  10. S

Nash and Warmoth combo? Does it exist?

Ok. I saw some stuff for ABC vintage in Texas, looked like quality stuff. I just dunno if shelling out the big bucks for a CS Fender is what I want, and I don't want to risk Nash and have then neck shape be wrong.
  11. S

Nash and Warmoth combo? Does it exist?

Hey guys. I'm trying to build a strat that has all of the spec of a vintage guitar, but I want to avoid Warmoth because of their use of Polyurethane. I wonder if there is any company out there who builds fender style parts in a vintage manner. I know Nash is where I'd like to go, but I don't...
  12. S

restoring my 67 Riviera/345...

New pics and a video posted.
  13. S

Yeah. Luckily I haven't gone off on any of my Prog leanings yet, but if a 10+ minute epic comes up and it seems vague, I'm always here for interpretations.
  14. S

right but the word ours has two meanings: the first is ours as a collective, i.e. the world as a whole. the second ours means me and the person Im singing to. So depending on how you look at it, it could come off as redundant.