• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by stevel

1. stevel

How to make a MIDI synth attack with other instruments

Yeah I agree with angstwulf - those pedals are expensive. I assumed you already had them and were just trying to figure out how to tackle the repeated note issue! The Crumar and Studio Logic are both about $500 to begin with. You might be able to find some used though. If so, all you need is...
  2. stevel

Can your age affect how you hear tone?

Dude I'm gonna have to hit you with "what rock have you been living under?" :cool:
  3. stevel

Your Band's Stage Show, does it Rock like this....?

One should remember that performances like this were just usually a single song - often less than 3 minutes. Not a 45 minute set. Also notice there's no cable on the bass... and they're likely lip singing. This is not playing, it's "acting". Now some of the other inclusions here aren't...
  4. stevel

How to make a MIDI synth attack with other instruments

Your wording is a little confusing. It sounds like from your last statement that you want to play repeated 8th (for example) notes on the bass sound, but not have to press the pedal in 8th notes - like maybe only tap quarter notes instead? Is that right? There's not really any way to do this...
  5. stevel

Gigs that pay well. Really, really well.

That is really strange to think about. George Harrison was a year younger!
  6. stevel

What is the best way to connect a midi controller to a laptop on the opposite side of the stage?

MIDI Cable. 30' run should be no problem. Finding a cable that long though...20' seems to be the longest common one I see. Ah - actually ProCo makes some longer ones. 25-30 bucks for a 30 footer. I'd try that first and if it works for that price, simple solution. I can't see why it wouldn't work.
  7. stevel

Simple Man: Songs That Weren't Popular Until Decades Later????

You know something else is pretty clear - different markets play different things too. I remember years ago when Hagar joined VH the live without a net thing he says "we started the tour in Alabama where I got virtually no airplay" or something to that effect. Someone mentioned not hearing "The...
  8. stevel

I just listened to it when I found it in the thread in response to A-Bone. Let's just say I didn't make it too far in before I clicked away. But yeah, I can see what everyone's saying - it probably did help revitalize the original.
  9. stevel

Interesting. When I bought Rumors, it was probably the only album besides Zep IV and Sgt. Peppers (and maybe Boston 1) that I had heard every cut except one in regular rotation since the late 70s/early 80s. Now it wasn't as common as it is today by any means. But almost every single song on that...
  10. stevel

Well, I've actually never heard the cover!
  11. stevel

Yeah, I suspect some of these did come from re-releases or greatest hits inclusions. I do recall knowing AG for a long time, but it was nowhere near the popularity it is today. Breakdown was a far bigger hit in the past and now they seem to have switched places.
  12. stevel

Hah that's funny because DSB was always a huge hit. Now, like most 80s songs it died off some but remained one of Journey's biggest - along with Faithfully - but yeah, there was a drastic resurgence and hence gaining of epic level popularity within the last 15 years.
  13. stevel

Interesting. Complete opposite for me. I had never actually heard Mustang Sally until I started playing it in dance bands!
  14. stevel

Writing your own solos for cover songs! Do you?

I'm still interested in hearing you play something something more "square" and "vanilla". I'm hearing some of the same issues her that were evident in the post you made about writing your own solos. Can you play any solos note for note or close to that?
  15. stevel

When did you hear the live version? When I hear it on the radio now, is that what I'm hearing - a live version (there's no audience noise or anything to lead one to believe it's anything other than a studio cut)?
Top Bottom