• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by StevenS

1. StevenS

Bogner Shiva combo 1x12'' (EL34 tubes)

I've had an older one with the wonky effects loop cable for close to 15 years and can say it's my go to for gigging. It has a wonderful clean channel which takes pedals well and an overdrive side that is much like a Marshall. I know a lot of people say otherwise but it reminds me a lot of a...
  2. StevenS

Gigs you attended, so loud it sounded like white noise and songs hard to identify ?

Aerosmith, late 70's, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Halifax Forum. I think my ears are still ringing. It was awesome though! Steven Tyler was so drunk he passed out a bit and forgot the words to Dream On. An absolute wall of sound. Never experienced anything like it before or since. A good time was...
  3. StevenS

Hangout with Paul Stanley

I bet Gene is pissed that Paul's doing these for free!! :) joke.. I enjoy these as well. I always liked Paul. The guitar looks like a 58 reissue but I can't tell what the amp is. It looks like he's playing through the brown combo behind him. Sounds good, and he looks to be in great health!
  4. StevenS

One 80's hard rock amp to rule them all?

If you're looking for a great clean channel and a great 70's-80's rock tone in the same box then I'd lean towards the Shiva EL34. The clean channel is absolutely one of the best. Just wonderful. Channel two can get compressed but you can dial that out as the controls are very good and do what...
  5. StevenS

Recommend me an OM

I bought a used Collings OM-1 from Reverb a while back and it was VERY different to what I was expecting as I had never played a mahogany guitar before. Used Collings don't come up for sale in Canada all that often so I took a chance with it. It was so different that I actually put it up for...
  6. StevenS

Anyone Own Celebrity or Rockstar Owned/Played Instruments?

I have a 72 Marshall 50 watt that was supposedly used on a Don Henley song, a Scorpions album and was used by Link Wray live to play Rumble. ( I saw a video of it and he was playing through a Marshall head). The guy I bought it from was a sound engineer for years and worked with a bunch of...
  7. StevenS

Buying shipping materials for amp heads?

Every amp or guitar I've ever bought I've saved the packing material and now have quite a supply of stuff in the rafters of my garage...:D I sold my AC30 a while back and as it was too big and heavy for Canada Post I went to the local UPS Store. They offered to pack the whole thing up for $40...
  8. StevenS

Guitar with rosewood stuck in Canadian customs (CITES)

I've got a rosewood guitar that I was thinking of selling but was just waiting for the date to come and go. Hopefully it will be fine then. Thankfully you'll still be getting your guitar..
  9. StevenS

Opinions on Meeting up for amp purchases

I don't have people to the house anymore. I was selling an XTC and a guy wanted to come see it. He showed up with two other guys and they all spent most of the time looking at my other stuff. It was ok and I never felt in danger or anything but it kind of cured me on the whole "Yeah sure come...
  10. StevenS

Robbed at the border

I feel your pain man. I remember the first time I got shafted with border fees by UPS. Fedex, DHL... they're all the same. It took me a while but I finally found out about USPS. No brokerage at the border (maybe $5-$10). You still have to pay HST but that's the same with any carrier. It gets...
  11. StevenS

Ace Frehley and Dimarzio Super Distortion

No experience with Dimarzio SD's but Ace's tone on Kiss Alive is one of my favorite's. I wore that album out back in the day.
  12. StevenS

Rehearsal: a crutch, really needed or overrated?

We practice generally once or twice a month. We work on new tunes or just play stuff we enjoy playing. Have a couple of beers and have fun. I agree about practice vs rehearsal though. If you're learning a new tune have it ready to go at the rehearsal.
  13. StevenS

audience noise and artist response

Nose bleed seats. Next row behind us yelling at the top of his lungs. "TOM ****IN PETTY !!!!!!" You can probably fill in the blanks..:)