• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by stratguy23

1. S

Need advice on new hard rock pedal

Fully agree, this set up isn’t ideal for these tones. I don’t need to nail these sounds either, just get in the ballpark. For the vast majority of the sounds I play, this set up works perfectly. I just want something higher gain for maybe 25% of the time max, so I don’t want to tweak the amp...
  2. S

Currently have (non-fuzz): Pro Co WFRI Rat Analogman King of Tone Ibanez TS-808 Monsterpiece Stud (Klon clone) Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Bogner Red DOD Boneshaker Suhr Koko Boost Xotic EP Booster Dr. Scientist The Cleanness Boss PW-2 Power Driver I should say I’m not a novice stacking drives, I doo...
  3. S

I don’t dislike the idea of stacking, it is probably the route that I will go, but I don’t think stacking 2 low gain pedals will get me the sound I want. They will give me enough gain, but it isn’t the right tonality if that makes sense. While the TWE-1 doesn’t sound bad, it is not what I’m...
  4. S

If this was the main sound I was going for, I’d definitely be looking at a different amp. However, I probably only would use this sound for 25% or less of gigs (when those happen again...) and the Blonde Bandmaster covers what I do 75%+ of the time perfectly. I realize the amp isn’t ideal for...
  5. S

Haha that user name is really old... But yes, I have guitars to cover these types of tones. I have a Les Paul loaded with Bare Knuckle Emeralds, and a Super Strat with a Bare Knuckle Holy Diver in the bridge, both can definitely get hard rock tones.
  6. S

Interesting idea. I got some cool tones going TS-808 into Rat. It was very good for hard rock tones, but it sounded a little more ‘80s (for lack of a better description) than the more ‘90s Cantrell tone I was thinking. I’ll mess around with it more. Any recommendations on a good treble booster...
  7. S

That’s my suspicion as well as I played the Bogner Red with a Blackface Bandmaster and liked it better with that set up, not as compressed sounding and not too gainy. Fulldrive on Comp Cut mode or Analogman King of Tone boost side both sound killer pushing the amp for great rock tones. Just not...
  8. S

I actually have a DOD Boneshaker sitting in my pedal closet. I’ll break it out and try it again. I used to use it to push a crunchy amp or weirdly EQ’d tones but I’ll see what it can do high gain. I’ll dig into the Super Crunch Box. The thing with my Fender is it is a Blonde so it is different...
  9. S

I am trying to get the higher gain, hard rock distortion pedal spot on my board sorted. I started off with a WFRI Rat which I like, but I moved on because I wanted something a little less fuzzy. I am now using a Bogner Red but I am finding it too compressed, and not tweakable enough on the gain...
  10. S

New Strymon Compadre Compressor & Boost

I’m curious about the Compadre. Can the squeeze mode with the treble boost act similar to the Janglebox? I like the Janglebox for my Ric 12 string but I don’t like it with anything else honestly. I used to have a Wampler Ego that I liked with the Ric but didn’t love but it worked much better...
  11. S

Rack vs pedalboard

Thanks everyone for the responses! Definitely been helpful. I’m still torn on what to do, I think the weight/size is my biggest concern. If I were to have two pedal shelves, would that take up 5 or 6 rack spaces? I would then have probably 4-5 other spaces eaten up (2 multi effects, power...
  12. S

Rack vs pedalboard

I am in the process of revamping my effects set up in 2020 after upgrading my amp last year. My ultimate plan is to have presets and MIDI switching so I can hit one button to switch effects on and off and change presets on effects with MIDI. I can see two different routes for this, a pedalboard...
  13. S

Harmonic Tremolo Pedal Advice Needed From Owners Of Same...

I agree there’s just something special about real harmonic tremolo that a pedal just can’t replicate. I want to do up a nice demo comparing harmonic trem with Univibe, rotary speaker, and phaser because there seems to be some confusion from people about the differences between them.
  14. S

The Schmidt Array Treehouse

This is such an awesome and powerful looking rig in such a small package. I’m honestly thinking about doing a small board like this then the bigger board I’ve mentioned previously for different gig situations/practice when things eventually open up again and get back to normal.
  15. S

The Kingsley Pedal Club

Thanks for the detailed, thorough response! I really appreciate it! Sounds like you’ve got lots of options for cool tones. I’m thinking one of the boosts into Jouster or Harlot would probably work great for me.
Top Bottom