• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by straticus

1. S

Divided by 13 SJT10/20 owners....

You might want to try an ASW Crossroads. It's an incredibly great sounding and superbly balanced speaker.
  2. S

New Design - Peavey Classic 50 - Summer 2014 Release

Your links aren't active.
  3. S

Amps So Ugly They Make You Mad!!

For me it's ANY amp covered in that incredibly fugly maroon tolex!!! God that stuff is hideous!!
  4. S

Headphones To Mix With

Yes, if you can swing the price these are the way to go. I've had them for a few months now and they are life changing.
  5. S

Waves chooses July 4th weekend to end the special on the Reel ADT?

Man, I was finally gonna buy it for the $99 introductory price only to find that Waves has ended the special! OK......but on July 4th weekend??? Seems odd to me. I sure didn't expect that. Obviously they can do what they want and it's my fault for dragging my feet but after reading the review in...
  6. S

Where can I get a few cables for a Pedal Power 2?

I only need a few. Does anyone know if GC carries something that will work? It's about an hours drive to the nearest GC so I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks :)
  7. S

Free Eventide Channel Strip plugin

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up!
  8. S

What DAW do you use?

Been using Samplitude for years. Love it.
  9. S

The Amp you Kept?

Fargen el34 Bordeaux. It's been my main amp since Ben built it for me in 2006. Lots of amps have come and gone since then.
  10. S

2nd monitor source

I've said before and I'll say it again. Focal Spirit Professional headphones! I've had mine for a few months now and could not be happier. I've spent a lot of money on room treatment and monitors but the $350.00 I spent on the Focals in the best cash I've spent on my studio in a long time.
  11. S

So what is the latest and greatest touch sensitive pedals?

I bought the Horus Overdrive based on a demo I saw by Pete Thorn and I'm very happy with it. It's extremely touch sensitive. I've tried a ton of overdrive pedals and the Horus is one of the very few that can truly be dialed in to be transparent. But at the same time it also has a set of very...
  12. S

Prescription Electronics Face Lift

I don't know............I think it needs more cowbell :)
  13. S

Avoiding abrupt beginnings

I'm not sure I understand exactly what it is you're talking about but if you're hitting record and immediately starting to play, that's not good. I always "let it roll' for at least a few seconds before any playing begins. Then we have the drummer click us in, usually with a four count before...
  14. S

Prescription Electronics Face Lift

Dude, you should post a warning about this demo to people that might be listening with head phones.............
Top Bottom