• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by syxxstring

1. syxxstring

Sold George Ls, L6 G30

email sent
  2. syxxstring

In-ear Monitors?

For IEM's themselves the MEE M6 Pro is hard to beat. Me and another guy at church have been using them and noticed a huge improvement over any other budged solution.
  3. syxxstring

Mixer or Interface? Suggestions needed

I have 2 of the Alesis Multimix units. One 16 channel usb 2.0 the other 12 Channel Firewire. They work really well for rehersal and live sound for my band as well as recording.
  4. syxxstring

Connecting you recording computer to the internet?

Mine is my Macbook. I use it for everything, but I don't have to worry about antivirus or anything kicking in mid recording.
  5. syxxstring

Silicone...Is it really that bad?

System One makes a good water based wax that I've used a bit. They aren't a bad polishing system either. Coast Airbrush sells it.
  6. syxxstring

Well there are different Wax And Grease removers for pre and post sanding as far as film goes, but solvents are also a good choice. I very rarely do anything that I don't prime. This is more my style:
  7. syxxstring

Thats not the way I was trained to use HOK's wax and grease remover, KC20 is a wipe on and wipe off with a clean rag product. I was assuming we were talking about it on a finished instrument. Not sure why you would silicone the bare wood.
  8. syxxstring

I thought this is why products like Wax And Grease Remover were sold at body shop supply stores.
  9. syxxstring

Water based finishing - Who knows what?

Just keep in mind that waterbased systems still need safety precautions. Still wear a mask etc... Just because its safer, doesn't make it safe or breathable. I use a lot of Autoair automotive base coats and like them for quite a few things.
  10. syxxstring

Green Question

You can tell the voltage but not how much is left as far as how long it will maintain the voltage.
  11. syxxstring

Active and Passive Guitar

GFS has a device you can add to passive pickups to make them active and switchable back and forth. Have some to try, just haven't yet.
  12. syxxstring

Wireless system for bass?

Look at the specs of whatever he's looking at, it will give a frequency range. As long as his instrument is in the specs it should be fine. I'm too tired and lazy to google the frequency range of a bass at this moment.
  13. syxxstring

neck measurements

Harbor Freight has a digital set of calipers usually for about $20. I wouldn't build a space shuttle with them, but the sets I have work great.
  14. syxxstring

wireless headphones...whats good?

Check out adapters made by i2igear.com. I like mine a lot so far.
  15. syxxstring

How hard is soldering?

Biggest help you can have is buying a good iron, I'd get a Weller or Hako that you can turn up and down. Racing rc cars we have to solder batteries all the time and they work way better for that, and its way tougher than soldering guitar pots.