Recent content by tamader74

1. T

Sold Fender USA E series Stratocaster $775.00 OBO

...Hey chrispatel just a heads up, the 'E' on the serial # of this guitar has nothing to do with the origin of Manufacture,...it's there to denote the year of build,... ...therefore you simply have a 3 tsb. Strat., U.S. built in either '89 (thus the E and the 9),...or maybe even a year later...
  2. T

Sold Epiphone Elite / Elitist Les Paul Custom in Arctic White w/ HSC - RARE

...I have no affiliation with the Seller at all...BUT, I can attest to the quality of these MIJ Epiphone Elitist guitars, be it the Lester's OR the acoustic line that's built over there,... ...ya' most definitely will not be disappointed, GLWTS. Tom
  3. T

Why aren't Gretsch guitars more popular?

...over the years I've owned several Gretsch guitars, and had one in a Vintage Collection I had to let go (a Double Anniversary), I owned a '05 Country Classic just to have as a reminder of a Friend of my Grandmothers who with my Grandma and her '48 ES-125, spent many hours pickin' their Gospel...
  4. T

Best Les Paul Option under 2k?

...speaking from the standpoint of a OLD Gibson guy that's been a Fender/mostly Tele. fella for the past 35 years or so, every great once in awhile I find myself picking up a Gibson to just rekindle some memories,... ...be it a ES or a LP, and last year I took a '11 Joe Bonamassa Studio in on a...
  5. T

Fender Got it Right- And here are some reasons

...I bleed Fender, it has been said that the good Lord himself did NOT let electricity come into Family Homes until the day Leo was conceived,...BUT Hoshino Industries (Ibanez) had been around many years before Fender's Radio Shop was opened,... ...the difference being the USA over Japan, and...
  6. T

$1000 Gibson vs $7000 Gibson Les Pauls

HEY!!! (LOL),...some of us 'Drummers' have played guitars longer to tell the truth than have played Percussion,...but anywho, I have a '11 Gibson Joe Bonamassa Studio LP that as far as playing, sound/tone, fit and build quality goes, keeps right up there with any $5000.-$7000. modern reissue LP...
  7. T

PSA: Good deal. Fender Limited Edition American Professional Stratocaster Ebony Fingerboard...

...uh, Ebony is NOT 'Naturally' Jet Black for the most part, and what part of the tree that is may be 5% of the middle of the tree,...anywho, like anything else there are exceptions... ...but IF you were to see the 'slaughter' left behind when the Ebony trees get harvested, you may think...
  8. T

Ever get BenGay on your guitar neck?

I use Blu Emu 2-3 times a day, and I add in Aspercreme along with it at night, and I've never had a problem,...I went the Ben Gay way for awhile, then Bio-Freeze,... ...but the Blu Emu I found the best for me, but I've ALWAYS been a 'wash hands before playing' kinda' guy, So I've never had a...
  9. T

Help me choose new pickups for my Tele

...one of the very best sounding set of Tele. pups I've found,...I'm talking about bare bone do it all Tele. sound/tones have been the CS Texas Specials,... ...I have a American Special that was made in '09 for the Winter '10 NAMM show where this model was introduced, and I have a '07 CIJ...
  10. T

Which Overdrive Pedal Have You Stuck With The Longest And Why?

Fulltone FD-11 (Pre-Mosfet...Thank-you very much), push/pull comp, these are made to tame a DRRI and any Hot Rod series Fender amp.,... ...I noticed recently, and by accident my Vox AC15 seems to like my array of TS-9's very much either with the Normal OR the Top Boost side of the amp., I...
  11. T

Who has the nicest collection on TGP?

Thanks Dusty for the update, if you hear anything more please advise. I know I've been MIA many times due to this horrid and crippling devil, and have been unable to correspond one on one, let alone a website,... ...again, Thank-you. Tom
  12. T

Who has the nicest collection on TGP?

...this is concerning as 'axe4me' had been diagnosed with Cancer a few years back, I've not been on as much for a while as I go thru hoops every 6 months for my own Cancer/Medical check-ups,...and really hadn't noticed him or any of his postings,... ...I do sincerely hope all is well with him...
  13. T

Do you have a clear number 1?

...I have more git'fiddles than you can shake a stick at, and if I were to be honest in my post I have 2 #1 electrics, and also 2 #1 acoustics (a #1a and #1b if you will),... ...I have a '52 AVRI Tele. and a Clapton Strat. that get about the same amount of love electrically, and a Martin...
  14. T

Buying a heirloom grade guitar.

Well, as a old 'Vintage Dealer' kinda' guy...I can tell you without doubt the 'smartest' move in recouping some perceived 'value' is with acoustics, BUT do NOT be smitten by the 'Brazilian Rosewood' theory, unless it an Instrument built pre-1969,... ...as that IS the year that marks the...
Top Bottom