• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by TaronKeim

1. TaronKeim

NGD Taylor 352ce 12 string

it is similar to detuning the oscillators on a synthesizer, the sounds thickens up because you're reducing the instances of phase cancellation, especially with the unison strings - you have to do it by ear though + it really depends what else you have going on, sometimes it is less than a cent...
  2. TaronKeim

Favorite Klon Klone 2021 Edition

my bad! they sure sound similar enough for me |tjk
  3. TaronKeim

What is the favorite acoustic that you've ever played?

waterloo ladder-braced wl-14 w/ no truss rod - unbelievably responsive + expressive, everywhere you played along the string length had a vastly different tonal shade - the v shaped neck felt so good for my preferences, especially for over the top thumb fretting - by far the best fingerstyle...
  4. TaronKeim

Taylor 618e

thanks for letting me know your experience with it - i'm definitely getting it as a strummer, i have a great fingerstyle guitar, but am a hybrid player, so if this one sounds/responds even just a bit better than most big ol'jumbos when squeezed into that roll, i'll be happy - was yours a maple...
  5. TaronKeim

the oxblood is a klon... |tjk
  6. TaronKeim

NGD Taylor 352ce 12 string

old recording trick is to tune the octaves and unisons just a cent or two flat vs. the standard strings, just a massive jangling tone - in my experience the taylor 12s sound amazing that way + play ridiculously easy |tjk
  7. TaronKeim

the keeley oxblood can be made to sound pretty much identical to the mick side and is what it was based on |tjk
  8. TaronKeim

Favorite RAT clone

huge fan of the rat portion of my life pedal v2 - something about the low-end + the lower gain range sounds a lot better than most rodent units to me - the bass is both bigger + tighter w/ really clear high-end |tjk
  9. TaronKeim

Taylor 618e

i can hear a growl + pregnancy in the mids in the clips that is sort of the trademark love it or hate it characteristic of maple, but with more sparkle and overtones than maple usual has, which to me is perfect, that fat growl records great + cuts amazing in the mix thanks for you input - i...
  10. TaronKeim

Can't love my NG

play it + enjoy - especially if the top has nice tight grain and it sounds good the nitro will yellow/darken over time and make it appear more brown/black |tjk
  11. TaronKeim

Taylor 618e

thinking of ordering one of these sight unseen - i have a lot of experience with taylors and sj200s - the idea of a big bodied full strumming sound with crazy dynamics + headroom available, plus still sensitive enough to do fingerstyle on [unlike most sj-style guitars which the top doesn't move...
  12. TaronKeim

Don't care what anybody says; the little guy in the red hat can farkin' play

man, anybody who has bad sh#t to say about this is just an a-hole what a wonderful send-up to george + platform for prince to show-off/enjoy his induction at the same time there is a nurtured naivety in all the true greats, no matter how practiced or technical they get, they are able to tap...
  13. TaronKeim

Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

right? amazing instruments, i have a gold top sg w/ p90s en route, should see it next week those flying samurai guitars are something! |tjk p/s i sort of cheat a little, i'm the manager of a piano dealership, so the yamaha staff discount on guitars is incredible:D
  14. TaronKeim

Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

more guitars in the last 6 months than i've bought in the last 10 years - the jazzmaster has some killer birdseye on the neck + will be getting mojo foils, a new pickguard and a full mastery setup |tjk
  15. guitars

guitars

my whips