Recent content by TB72

1. TB72

Warmoth Neck Questions

The 59 is by far my favorite Warmoth neck carve (I have them on a few partscasters). The Fatback is noticeably bigger, similar to some of the chunkier offerings on Gibson 57/58 reissue Les Pauls, or the original necks on the Jeff Beck Strats. I would prefer the Fatbacks to the skinny...
  2. TB72

Have you played with any "famous" musicians?

I've played with Brian a whole bunch...and he's pretty damn famous around here, I'd say. :dude
  3. TB72

P90s: Staple vs Pole?

While their footprint is the same (meaning they fit in the same sized cavity), the P90 and the Alnico 5 Staple are different sounding pickups. The staple has a sound that could be described as a more hi-fi version of a P90...a bit more clarity and high end sparkle. This makes it a nice option...
  4. TB72

Setup slide guitar

As opposed to raising the action a whole bunch, I would just go up a gauge in string size. And as stated above, find a slide that facilitates a light touch (this will actually be a combination of the slide itself, and your technique...mostly technique I'd say). For me, the action is a delicate...
  5. TB72

Guitar strap length - Billy Gibbons style

Billy's straps are adjustable from 60" to 65"...they is looonnnngg. (Dusty's are 50" to 55")
  6. TB72

Does a Les Paul just make everything sound better?

Talking shop with one of my band mates (we both play in multiple bands). The subject came around to my Les Paul. He said, "I've seen pics of you playing it, but you've never brought it to one of our gigs." I told him it's because that guitar is a sonic steamroller. It just dominates so much of...
  7. TB72

I Think I Want a Pink Guitar

After seeing the pic, I can see where you'd want one...that SG looks real nice.
  8. TB72

Trying out Lollar Imperials in my R8

I've got a set of Low Wind Imperials in my R8. I've found many of the same things as you. Not brash like the BBs. All the classic LP tones can be coaxed out of them, and I can wrangle some quasi tele tones out of there as well. I really like the way they clean up when you roll back the volume...
  9. TB72

Looking at changing out my Fender Pro Junior, any suggestions?

Mount a Swart Night Light Junior in the back of your Pro Junior... ...enjoy. http://swartamps.com/swart_night_light_jr_news.htm
  10. TB72

Are there any American made 335 style guitars with a 1 3/4 nut?

Check with some of the usual suspects... Heritage? Collings?
  11. TB72

Set list to appeal to middle aged women...

Might just have to move out there... :D
  12. TB72

what is the secret to perfect tone?

I think I'd be more likely to ask myself, "What Would DAVE Friedman Do?
  13. TB72

JJ's Output Tubes

I can't say our experiences are similar. I've not had any issues with JJs tubes.
  14. TB72

Guitarists with Unique Fingering

Tony Iommi?
  15. TB72

Amps without reverb....

Most of my amps don't have reverb. I have a Strymon Flint that fixes that issue quite well. If I'm running into an amp with an effects loop, I'll put the reverb in there. I have no issues with running into the front end though (some of my amps, I don't have a choice anyway). I tend to run my...