Recent content by The Whale

1. The Whale

WARMOTH Soloist = Dinky size?

I’ve built two soloists from Warmoth this far. The purple one I built in 1996 and has been my main girl ever sense. I’ve tried so many times to unseat her and always come back. She’s had over a dozen pickup combos and four bridges. The natural soloist is my most recent build. Based on a Suhr...
  2. The Whale

Does your band play originals or covers?

I’m sure someone has said this already, but need an option for “both”. My primary band, Violet Mary, has written 6 records of music and we play that unapologetically as we love it and want to share it with others like us who will jive with it. Along the way, we also throw in songs with love...
  3. The Whale

Sold Synergy Syn-30 head - trade for Kemper?

to quote The Big Lebowski: "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine..."
  4. The Whale

Your opinion, please, on Warmoth

I’ve built 4 warmoths: 2 soloists, a tele and a strat. They are my workhorses and I love them! Honestly, I have a killer PRS and LP Standard that stay home. Almost feel guilty keeping them. Warmoth is wonderful to work with, consistent and toneful.
  5. The Whale

Line 6 Powercab: tweeter volume

Do you wind up using the internal speaker models? I’ve been reading a bunch about the LF flat mode and might give that a try too. Overall Im fine with the tweeter…it’s just papery at gig volume. Just don’t want it all muffled and stuff. Might have to try that too
  6. The Whale

Hmm! Intriguing. You don’t find your presets to be muffled without the tweeter? Are you loading the IRs on your powercab or keeping them on your helix?
  7. The Whale

Hey gang: Ive been gigging a helix for years now and only recently got into the powercab. Overall I’m happy with the volume, headroom, and running two of the Pluses in stereo or wet/dry is wicked fun. The best sounds I’ve gotten are either from the internal speaker models or from...
  8. The Whale

Helix 3.2?

Absolutely!!! Litigator and Badonk are amazing. L6 Epic is really quite good too, if you’re looking for a SLO with different mids. And the 2204 Mod is great even if you don’t boost with the pre gain boost.
  9. The Whale

What Are Your Favorite Helix Amp Models?

For the longest time my go to drive tone was the Placater Dirty. While I still really dig it, I’ve been kicking it to a blend of the Badonk and The Line 6 Epic panned hard left and right. Neither is crazy gained out….each on about 4-5. Sometimes I’ll sub the Epic for the Ingrid for more...
  10. THR

THR

11. THR10ii 2

THR10ii 2

12. THR10ii

THR10ii

13. THR10ii 3

THR10ii 3

Top Bottom