• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by TheGrooveking

1. TheGrooveking

Differences Between Roland BOSS eBand JS-8 and JS-10

Thank you for your very well written review and comparitive of both the JS-8 & JS-10, I will probably getting the JS-8 for my office since I like to use a 1/2 hour of it daily to practice some guitar. TheGrooveking
  2. TheGrooveking

Favorite guitar strap?

El Dorado. TheGrooveking
  3. TheGrooveking

Mojotone NC 30/15 Kit Build

I greatly appreciate all of your postings and details in regards to the NC3015 kit. I’ve been considering buying one but am hoping Mojotone has straightened out their inconsistencies. TheGrooveking
  4. TheGrooveking

Best Leslie/Rotary in Rackmount format

Owning most of the gear referenced I'll state there is a reason I own two of the Digitech RPM1. I primarily use it for my Roland GUITAR synth on its organ setting, being able to adjust the rotor separately is key. Running it through stereo plus is necessary, left horn/rotor/right horn...
  5. TheGrooveking

Effectrode effect pedals?

The squeeling was probably a bad tube, which are super easy to change on those pedals. TheGrooveking
  6. TheGrooveking

Best small amp for my ES-335

Victoria 5112 with a Weber 12A125 Alnico is superb. I put a Beam Blocker in it too. Can't say enough good things about, super warm, very articulate and just the right amount of breakup when the volume gets turned up. TheGrooveking
  7. TheGrooveking

A plea to pedal makers...

Get a Digitech JamMan with the FS3X footswitch, used you can do it for $250. It has a memory card and a USB port. TheGrooveking
  8. TheGrooveking

Anyone still have copies of Guitar Shop Magazine?

I love GuitarShop mag, I think it caused me to go into overload on gear acquisition. I have all of the issues. Many great finds in them, turned me onto some excellent gear. TheGrooveking
  9. TheGrooveking

Radial Tonebone Classic?

I was turned on to the ToneBone Classic by Bob Sweet and that man knew tone, so once I plugged it in I said "where have been my whole life". Definitely one of my favorite pedals, Thanks Bob! TheGrooveking
  10. TheGrooveking

What chorus did Cantrell use on Jars of Flies?

The SCF is not digital, it's an analog pedal. TheGrooveking
  11. TheGrooveking

Fulltone Clyde vs. Budda Budwah

I have a few Fulltone CLYDE's and three Budda BudWah's. The CLYDE's are my favorite wah, but I find with the band the BudWah cuts through better. The CLYDE has a little more range to it, which may be from the treadle travel being longer. Also all of the BudWah's sound slightly different, all of...
  12. TheGrooveking

Best looper to replace RC-2 WITHOUT TONE LOSS! (Digitech Jamman?)

The BOSS are good units, no doubt about it, but once I tried the Digitech Jam Man it was like someone had lifted a blanket off of my tone. The Jam Man is just a clearer sounding unit, especially when playing clean tones. Had I not tried a Jam Man I wouldn't of noticed it as much, but having 3 of...
  13. TheGrooveking

Do I need the MI Audio Crunchbox

The additional difference between V1 and V2 Crunchboxes is the the V2 can reun on upto 24VDC, so you can add some additional headroom/clarity(note recognition - my take on it) by increasing the voltage you run the Crunchbox at. To me at 18VDC it's not as compressed sounding of a pedal...
  14. TheGrooveking

I finally tried it.. TWO amps at ONCE!...(pics inside!)

Welcome to the dark side, wait until you try 5 vibe pedals into 5 amps, one in each corner of the room and one in the middle facing up.... TheGrooveking
  15. TheGrooveking

I stopped by the new Keeley Electronics shop

Great to read that they are doing great! I'll have to grab one of those phasers when they become available. Thanks for the update. TheGrooveking