Recent content by thelionsden

1. thelionsden

What is the BEST attenuator?

Not all reamping attenuators allow you to increase the output of your amp. There are more reasons for the reamp idea then just to make something louder. I think the reamping allows the amplification circuit to match up better with the speaker than just presenting a lowered voltage from the host...
  2. thelionsden

Sold Bogner Cube 1x12 w/ Vintage 30

These are great cabs! I have been using one as my go to for years, they sound huge! I prefer the Classic Lead 80 over the V30 with my Marshall. G12H30 sounds great in it as well. Used to use one of those with a Two Rock Custom #44 (that I should never have sold!) and it sounded terrific.
  3. thelionsden

Fryette Introduces the Power Station

True. I just didn't want people to be afraid to try the PS or be discouraged and give up if the squeal was there even tho using all isolated PSU
  4. thelionsden

As I mentioned in my post about resolving my squeal... I was not using a common power supply, each Eventide pedal has its own wall wart supply and the rest of my pedals use Voodoo lab. Nevertheless I had the squeal as there was two paths to ground created with my switch. Isolated power...
  5. thelionsden

Thanks! Yes, it was very satisfying to solve that!
  6. thelionsden

FYI I had a high frequency oscillation/feedback loop when using the power station with a certain Marshall. At first I thought it might be the amp, because I didn't hear it with another amp i tried. But this amp (71 Marshall) just has a high frequency response and that revealed the problem. I...
  7. thelionsden

Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary EL-34 Version

Hi Steve... I don't have the brass one but I have a nice black combo in great shape with the midi board flaw corrected, footswitch, new tubes and bias and the 1x12 extension cab. I only use it to work on tunes in front of my computer, but I would play the gig with it any time, it is very...
  8. thelionsden

Marshall 6100 30th Anniversary EL-34 Version

Don't know where you are located but my friend in Cleveland is an electronics tech that knows the flaw in the midi board and knows how to upgrade it. He dialed mine in. I have the combo with the footswitch.
  9. thelionsden

guys, tell about the Fryette power station and the Bad cat unleash

Fryette sells a rack mount kit for the Power Station. Very well made and sturdy, it adds a faceplate with angled braces. A small plastic SKB rack case and it is perfect. http://www.fryette.com/power-station-basic-rack-mount-kit/
  10. thelionsden

Fryette Power Station Question (using as a load box)

Have a look at this post: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/fryette-power-station-direct-to-foh.1650376/#post-21108141
  11. thelionsden

Fryette Power Station: anyone use one in parallel with a speaker cab?

I am not really clear on what you are trying to achieve? Clean tone with no effects(or effects into the front) and then switchable to overdrive tone with one OD amp dry and one OD amp with effected tone mix playing at the same time?
  12. thelionsden

I am not exactly saying that. The Jim Kelley has to be rated for the amp that is going into it. That is the more important consideration, as you don't want to run your amp at the wrong impedance. As to whether or not it is ok to put a different impedance cab on the output of the Kelley, that...
  13. thelionsden

Think of the load devices/attenuators the same as speakers. work out the impedances the same way to know if something is ok or not. I don't know the impedance rating of the Jim Kelley and what is the recommended impedance of the speakers you can attach to it. Its best to have both...
  14. thelionsden

If you use 2 cabs, or 2 speakers , half the power goes to one cab/speaker and half to the other. It is not less loud because the other speakers are producing sound pressure. The PS is like adding another cab/load so it absorbs half of the power that the amp produces. Halving the power reduces...
Top Bottom