• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Recent content by TheSpricket

1. TheSpricket

Underrated Pedals

The Boss PS6 is my favorite pitch altering pedal for lots of reasons. I mostly just use it for adding a low octave but the harmonies are very easy to dial in. You can get that Brian May three part thing and it always turns heads when I use that sound. The S bend mode is even great for...
  2. TheSpricket

Best SuperLead MIAB?

The SL sounds pretty great, has a great sizzle. I use the Zvex Distortron which is mostly the box of rock and a Timmy in front to add the extra gain and sizzle. And for Jimmy Page vibes you gotta get your echo going.
  3. TheSpricket

Why do I keep seeing the BOSS CH-1 on boards of the pros?

Lots of people just don't care. I've got the CE2w because I care.
  4. TheSpricket

Any experience with the Skreddy Animals Rover Fuzz??

Dude sounds amazing even with that phone recording! Love your playing as well, that's where it counts haha.
  5. TheSpricket

Hey thanks man! I've currently got a Fuzz Factory and Rams Head muff on my board as well. I'm having the same tone bender itch, even though those two fuzzes can cover so much ground!
  6. TheSpricket

Wah wah, “seminal” and “definitive“ tones, what wah?

The intro to Dazed and Confused has a great wah tone and you get a great idea of the sweep. I don't know what was Jimmy Page was using, I think a Vox. Comparing all the vintage wah tones is hard because they were all so slightly different. Then they would often have a different unit in the...
  7. TheSpricket

I had some credit from an online store and found myself really stuck with what to buy. I don't need any pedals at all but but everyone knows you can always get a new or different fuzz. So I was browsing all of their used fuzzes and saw the Animals Pedal Rover. It looks like a silicon Tone...
  8. TheSpricket

Uni Vibe vs Chorus

I don't think of a Univibe as being versatile. It is an effect you can use a lot but it definitely sounds like a Univibe no matter what. A good basic chorus pedal can do so many different seemingly different sounds. Sounds that often make people go "What's that? Oh just a chorus?!"
  9. TheSpricket

Another Marshall in a box question

Big fan of the Zvex Distortion! It's pretty much what you're looking for in a low gain Marshall type of sound. It's super dynamic and has a very amp like sizzle. And it stacks great with other pedals, I use it on all the time.
  10. TheSpricket

Lush chorus pedal

The Boss CE2w is a fantastic benchmark recreation of the original CE1 and 2 chorus pedals. If you want a very simple chorus pedal that sounds fantastic and nails most classic chorus tones I can't recommend it more. The CE1 setting is much warmer and deeper. If you're recreating tones from the...
  11. TheSpricket

School me/help on the best dual overdrive

The Bogner Lagrange takes the cake for me. I guess it's not two overdrives in one but it's got a boost switch and even an expression out for the gain control. I've taken the more is more approach and I like using separate pedals. But I just like having lots of pedals to be totally honest. So...
  12. TheSpricket

Delay Pedal For Lead Guitar

I'm really loving the Dm2w right now, especially for leads.
  13. TheSpricket

What strings have the best tuning stability?

I agree with above. You might come across a bad pack here and there from any brand. But just change the strings, make sure you string them up the right way, give them a good tug. Is it the whole set? Even the wound strings?
  14. TheSpricket

Boss PS-6 Harmonist Trouble

Yeah boss usually has a 5 year thing. This saddens me because I really love my ps6. I've always thought it was pretty underrated in the pitch shifting pedals out there.