Recent content by Tinman

1. Tinman

Hello from Rockford, IL

A belated welcome from another Rockfordian.
  2. Tinman

Anyone else own a Tinman built guitar?

I've got a bunch of them. They're okay.
  3. Tinman

Why Do I Hate Colored Tolex Amps?

No, I had Mojotone make those.
  4. Tinman

J&R Music in NYC?

Thanks for the information everyone.
  5. Tinman

J&R Music in NYC?

Anyone have any opinions on this outfit? I'm considering buying a Guild acoustic from them. They are nearly 20% cheaper than any of the other online merchants. I am aware of the risks generally associated with buying a guitar without having seen or played it. I'm specifically looking for...
  6. Tinman

TV Jones T-Armonds: Yes they can -- with clips!

Okay. Alder body, Fralin P90 with alnico pole pieces in the neck and of course a new T-Armond in the bridge, obviously a Bigsby, I recessed a Tone Pros TOM into the body to eliminate the need to angle the neck. I used a Warmoth maple neck with an ebony fretboard, '59 Roundback profile. I...
  7. Tinman

Ever get sick of the genre you love?

I was really, really into the Dead from about 1981 to 1989, then, as if someone threw a switch, I developed an abhorrence for their music, as well as others in the jam band genre. No offence intended to anyone.
  8. Tinman

Show your colored Webers!

9. Tinman

TV Jones T-Armonds: Yes they can -- with clips!

I assume that they are potted, but I did not check for that. I have not experienced any microphonic issues after two loud gigs and several loud rehersals.
  10. Tinman

Black Limba / Flame Maple Pettingill Lap Steel

Another beauty. What can you tell us about the bridge?
  11. Tinman

Why do great guitarists play country?

Okay, they don't get it. Someone go ahead and explain it to these guys. I don't explain things very well, otherwise I'd do it.
  12. Tinman

Ryan Adams

I'm a big fan of nearly all of his work, including Rock & Roll. Halloweenhead is an anomaly. Not characteristic of a bulk of his music at all.
  13. Tinman

anyone into Gang of Four?

I saw them at Tipitina's in New Orleans in '81 or '82. Great, great show.
  14. Tinman

Incoming Danocaster!

I'm having trouble with this statement. If you're really certain it will exceed your expectations, haven't you reset the bar of your expectations?
Top Bottom