• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Tube Guy

1. Tube Guy

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

It's identical to yours, and all your fault too, once I heard the sound yours made. PS McCarty 594 Semi Hollow with Brazilian board and trem. Video Clip from Dijkmans store in the Netherlands
  2. Tube Guy

WTB Tomatillo strat pickups and Josefina Nocaster Bridge

Playing around with some swaps and wondered if anyone had these that they weren't using? I have a handwound twisted bridge that I could trade for the Nocaster too.
  3. Tube Guy

YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

As Tag said, quite different. To get Tab's tone (which he himself vastly prefers from his #1) you need to find the right combination of thinline and WRHB pickups. I've played a few originals, a new custom shop (not even close) and this latest one which I'd ordered five years ago. Standard tele...
  4. Hollow Things.jpeg

Hollow Things.jpeg

5. Tube Guy

Is Basic Audio Still Making Pedals?

Quite a while, not very long, quite a while, not very long, … My last order was inside 4 weeks.
  6. Tube Guy

JAM Pedals Harmonious Monk - Harmonic Tremolo

I took Dan’s comments to mean the latter.
  7. Tube Guy

Dan (TPS) mentioned to me that he preferred a slightly middier EQ on the HM, much like it is set up when assembled. Personally, I prefer something more neutral, which is what I get now in my pedalboard unfriendly Reverberammo.
  8. Tube Guy

Yes I did, I bought a Victoria Reverberammo. I'm happy now.
  9. Tube Guy

My looper practice setup

I have the RC-10 and RC-500. The 10 has more rhythm options but is harder to use (I have an MC6 controlling mine). The 500 is more plug and play, and the battery power was a bonus for my standalone practice amp. It also has a click count in which I had to create a special midi file for on the...
  10. Tube Guy

The Kingsley Pedal Club

If the signal gets inverted I’ll just flip it back (assuming that’s what you meant?). The plan is to introduce some PI type distortion into the chain, though surprisingly Simon only plans to use one triode, I’d always assumed that crossover distortion was part of the sonic soup.
  11. Tube Guy

The Kingsley Pedal Club

Yes, buffered bypass, with a Lundahl isolating transformer with connections flipped to maintain the phase. Just picked up a Chase Bliss CXM now that is so much more user friendly than the Ventris, though at that price it should come with a dedicated tech guy to push the sliders.
  12. Tube Guy

The Kingsley Pedal Club

I found I could get my TS to sound like my plexiglass Constable enough that I sold the Constable and kept a Bassman/ JTM45 one instead. I also sold my Page V2 as the TS was able to get those tones and a lot more. Simon's making me a standalone phase inverter next (from the Troubadour), to put...
  13. Tube Guy

The Kingsley Pedal Club

It’s worth noting that the Ventris flips your signal phase. I ended up setting mine up so that it’s audio path stayed on when switched off. Then I added a phase inverter to fix it.
  14. G3 Layout

G3 Layout

15. 2021 Board

2021 Board

Top Bottom