• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Tubes and Strings

1. Tubes and Strings

Two Notes Torpedo CAB M plus Captor?

Hey, sorry for the delay. I don't frequent this forum as much as I once did. Good to hear you like the new Carr Mercury btw. I have the original (el34). It's a different amp but Steve just makes stellar stuff. I love mine. Probably would love the model you have too! :). As to your question, I...
  2. Tubes and Strings

Fractal vs. Kemper

I was gonna respond to him since it was my post that he couldn't relate to and thought might be an example of listening with eyes... but this is hilarious and a much more perfect response than I would have typed.
  3. Tubes and Strings

Fractal vs. Kemper

I have a Kemper and I love it, but HOLY CRAP that is freakin' righteous. (and also the best demo of the Suhr RL I've ever seen). Thanks for posting it.
  4. Tubes and Strings

Modeller folks, what actual physical amps do you have left? Are you gassing for a new amp.

Went from Fractal to Kemper - no regrets. Also, bought a Two Notes Torpedo Live. Not sure if I'll keep both it and the Kemper long-term. Might go to one or the other. Also bought a Brunetti Wizard in the last month - freaking righteous. I'd sell it all ahead of that amp.
  5. Tubes and Strings

Mark Knopfler Retires

Maybe he will do more movie scores too. Princess Bride was brilliant work.
  6. Tubes and Strings

What is your favorite Steve Lukather solo?

Holy thread resurrect! LOL. I gotta go back and re-listen to all of the submissions here - some of them were unfamiliar.
  7. Tubes and Strings

Two Notes Torpedo CAB M plus Captor?

I have a Torpedo Live (love it) that i use with my Carr Mercury amp (among others) both for playing live and recording. But, per the OP's question, it would be nice have this same setup on my pedalboard vs as a rackmount. What would i lose if i went with Torpedo Captor->Torpedo Cab or Torpedo CabM?
  8. Tubes and Strings

Is Freddie Mercury the greatest rock front man?

There is no greatest, but even if there was for me I'd say no.
  9. Tubes and Strings

Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

I would argue that you have an enormous account with interest built up that you should be spending against now...
  10. Tubes and Strings

Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

2010 - 2018. Then I bought an amp, two-notes torpedo, and a kemper. Trying to decide which of the latter two I want to keep. Kemper is probably gonna lose that contest, not that I don't like it. I just like the amp with two-notes a little better.
  11. Tubes and Strings

Disappointed with response from pickup manufacturer - am I being unreasonable?

Personally I'm disappointed to hear that FB pickup doesn't mean "FREE BIRD!" pickup... But, that's just me.
  12. Tubes and Strings

"Two Face" Les Paul Standard

When the boss's kids wants a job and no one speaks up...
Top Bottom