Recent content by TweeDLX

1. TweeDLX

The New Rivera Fender Concert mod thread

I did some more work on this a few years ago, and wound up with this. More of a JCM 800 on Ch 2.
  2. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

Yup...That did the trick. Thanks Pete!
  3. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

I have tried three different sets of brand new tubes.
  4. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

I've been doing that. I also re-soldered anything that looked even a bit questionable. At the beginning of the summer, I spaced and left the amp on overnight. It developed a number of issues, which I was sure I'd fixed, I also put in a new set of tubes. Dang! This is frustrating. I do appreciate...
  5. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

It doesn't seem to happen when I have the amp on the bench. Thanks Pete!
  6. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

OK, I may have spoken too soon. The amp is still producing a lot of static when I hit a certain volume. I can almost always make it happen if I play a C or C#. It comes in when the note tails off. I went through the amp this morning with a wooden probe and tapped every connection with no...
  7. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

One of the 1ohm resistors was dead. Replaced it, and now everything is back to normal. Thanks all!
  8. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

Adjustable bias via a potentiometer. I'll check the caps. Thanks.
  9. TweeDLX

347VDC on 6V6 cathode?

I have an amp I built years ago in a Princeton chassis. It's been my favorite over the years, but lately, it started adding static at the end of notes when I got to stage volume. It's a basic Fender Deluxe NR type circuit, and I added 1ohm resistors off the cathodes of the 6V6 tubes going to...
  10. TweeDLX

I sorted out a few more things on this. Mainly where to run leads to the Vactrols to get the correct tube order. The illustration below shows the Vactrols as they appear from the back of the amp looking at the circuit board. I numbered them from left to right. Wound up with more gain than I knew...
  11. TweeDLX

PHILLYGTR: Kind of your call. For myself, I wanted something that was suitable to the styles of music I play. The original design didn't float my boat, so I fixed it. :) It's been a fascinating journey so far.
  12. TweeDLX

Greetings! I tore into the old Concert this week. There were some errors in my original mod. Moving the Volume from the last gain stage on the drive channel to directly following the treble pot made a big improvement. Once I fixed those, I realized that while the amp sounded great, it lacked...
  13. TweeDLX

Advice on a simple lightweight tube amp

Get a Quilter TB101. Not a tube amp. doesn't sound like one either. Sounds great as it is. 50W, 4 pounds, $300. Great with pedals.
  14. TweeDLX

DV Mark on the way...

I have a DV Mark Micro 50 on the way.
  15. TweeDLX

Question re: clipping out a resistor

That's why we invented questions.
Top Bottom