Recent content by ufguy73

1. U

Mesa TC50 vs Fillmore 50

great summation - i’ve really loved my TC-100 and i suspect it’s because i feel most comfortable with marshall-based gain and eq. The TC has enough of that - but enough different from it that it feels additive to what I have. i have been trying to stretch my boundaries more with a Mark V...
  2. U

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

my CLRS and 4x10 are in that Burgundy (nicked the idea from what Eli did for DB2) - think its the best looking rig dress I’ve ever had
  3. U

Wet/Dry/Wet Rig question

curious why you say that about H9 vs Strymon? I have been using a Timeline for a while and haven’t noticed any issues with gained up tones? also, if you add dry into the wet cabs via not setting modulation pedals 100% wet, don’t you need to worry about phasing/latency issues between the dry...
  4. U

Which two? AC30; DC30; Marshall 2204

i can see your logic.... i am even worse, as i have a couple of the anniversary ac30s too. i picked up a vintage ac30, thinking i would sell the anniversaries - but they are so damn nice i now have 3 ac30s!
  5. U

Which two? AC30; DC30; Marshall 2204

Wait, so you were trying to get from 3 amps to 2... the keepers were the marshall and a vox... and you ended up adding another vox?? that is so TGP, my friend!:rotflmao
  6. U

That Pedal Show - going stale?

Like many things they come off like they’ve had good success but now can’t get over themselves...it all becomes a little too ‘cute’ and more about ‘them’ vs the very subject they began with
  7. U

Amps that are timeless

Fender Tweed and Blackface Vox AC30 Marshall Plexi and JCM800 Soldano SLO Mesa MK and Dual Rectifier a little more time and i bet we could add: Friedman BE100 EVH 5150 Two-Rock Classic Reverb
  8. U

The most immediate instant DISAPPOINTMENT with a new amp purchase ?

i know what you mean, as mine was a Komet Silver Cloud. i just thought ‘this is gonna be it - complete end of GAS’....and it just didn’t do it for me. In hindsight, I knew it as soon as i plugged in.
  9. U

Mesa TC50 vs Fillmore 50

meaning that is what is said to be the difference between Normal and Tight?
  10. U

Mesa TC50 vs Fillmore 50

thanks for this - i have heard come complaints of having essentially 9 different amps vs being able to effectively channel switch (which you can only do across the 3 channels in one fixed mode for each channel vs being able to footswitch modes within a channel, correct?)? regardless of modes...
  11. U

Mesa TC50 vs Fillmore 50

Not to derail but how does the Mark V fit in to the type of tones we are discussing here? I know it has some aspects that functionally make it completely different - but how does the nature and quality of similarly dialed in tones compare to the Fillmore and TC?
  12. U

The official Two-Rock thread! Post your amps, favorites, opinions, pics and tips here

i am not sure tbh - i am getting a custom suede color and i ordered it some time ago. I would assume a new order might take some time - i try to generally be patient these days but i also like the TR guys a ton so it’s easier to be patient with them (plus, i have other cabs in the meantime)
  13. U

the SSS is a larger head size - the matching 2x12 for it is slightly oversized compared to a traditional 2x12. i have a SSS, as well, and I am waiting for its matching cab - Eli told me it sounds huge (as expected)! Lol
  14. U

Doyle Bramhall II

Rackdoctor - has doyle ever commented to you whether he prefers the Vibe-Bro or the Sir Henry for his pedalboard vibe?
  15. U

complete it with a Mayer Sig, obviously lol great looking pair!