• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by VESmedic

1. V

Speaker level to line level???

I thought maybe, but at the same time this is about routing to and from stuff, mostly related to pro audio, so I wasn’t sure to be honest.
  2. V

Speaker level to line level???

I have a driftwood loadbox, and to me it is by far the best sounding loadbox on the planet, absolutely incredible. However, I have one of the older ones, that does not have a pad switch on it. It has 1 input ( for the amp to the loadbox) and 1 output, that’s it. The output is a parallel speaker...
  3. V

Does a Rock/Metal-Bass NEED Overdrive or Distortion?

LMAO at your arrogance once again. Some of us KNOW some of the biggest engineers and mixers in metal specifically, and have for 20+ years, and do KNOW, how some of these guys get their tones on records. You are so far off bass ( see what I did there?) it’s not even funny. I can’t think of many...
  4. V

Does a Rock/Metal-Bass NEED Overdrive or Distortion?

Wow… you should quit then.. you are so far off, evidenced by literally every metal record ever, and Lighter stuff like STP ( the isolated bass tracks above, did you hear that, or are you deaf?) As listed above…. just goes to show ya, just because someone says they’ve done it for decades...
  5. V

Mixing is hard!

I just wanna say, id stick to a super slow attack on the buss comp. the slowest possible specifically on an SSL style. You want those transients to come through clearly and not be smothered, in a lot of styles of music anyways: especially all forms of rock. Dance/EDM you may wanna smear the...
  6. V

Amps you regret buying

well, considering you can’t tell a thing from iPhone videos, I’m not sure what to say here. I care about how an amp sounds under a mic and that only really. The “in the room” tone is completely useless for me.
  7. V

Amps you regret buying

Wasn’t the buzz or lack thereof for me personally. It was the ridiculous bloated low midrange with terrible transient response, completely wrong saturation ( to my ears) and the absolutely no low end whatsoever. It was just all wrong for me personally.
  8. V

Amps you regret buying

Bring out the flames…. Soldano SLO…. What a buzzkill. Ooof….
  9. V

send demo to record company

no offense…. But if you haven’t done anything like that ( maybe you have?) it’s easy to make assumptions without actually having lived there or having that experience to make an opinion off of. And for what it’s worth, yes maybe the Metal scene isn’t what you think it would be ( surprise...
  10. V

I get what you’re saying… but this guy is pretty green to all of this, and may not understand all of this as well… And I agree, it’s NOT easy to just pick up and move…. But it depends on how bad you want it. Cliche answer, but it’s the reality. It may be difficult, and not realistic, but life...
  11. V

All of this… there’s so many ways of going about it… I would highly suggest not joining a “band” and getting into the “band mentality”, if your goal is about you making it. Bands come with headaches, there’s a reason, whether you disagree with it or not, Nashville and LA and music towns often...
  12. V

I’m sure this has already been said but: No label cares about you in this day and age if you aren’t making money yourself. If you don’t have thousands of followers online, selling out shows left and right on your own, why would they invest in you? They are a BANK at the end of the day, period...
  13. V

Mesa vs Marshall 4x12

They both rule. Contrary to popular belief, the Marshall AV/BV cabs have much better low end and depth than the Mesa OS or traditional 4x12. I have tons of clips proving this with tons of different high gain tube heads I own. To me, Marshall is still THE sound, and the Marshall Celestion...
  14. V

FS UK made JCM2000 DSL100!

Up for grabs is a phenomenal condition JCM2000 DSL made in the UK! This one was made before Marshall shipped off production to China, and also doesn’t have any of the “bias drift” isssues from the super early ones. This one was made in 04, after the bias drift issue. Comes with Marshall...
Top Bottom