• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Recent content by vintage66

1. vintage66

AM BC109 and Skreddy BC109

Love the jhf1. Had to try a few to find “the one”, mostly because I was trying used ones and several had noise issues. Got lucky on an internet purchase. Thought it was broken until I switched the input and output jacks, someone had rewired them right to left. Amyway,haven’t tried either but...
  2. vintage66

HD28 - do I install a pickup?

Having a K&k installed as we speak in my Gibson, seems to be highly regarded, minimally invasive and no piezo quack. I’m nervous about the install but waiting for your baby to get out of the shop is always nerve wracking. Under saddle pu’s aren’t all that invasive either if you don’t cut out a...
  3. vintage66

A way to keep pedal knobs from moving

Speaking of Digitech, I had a hell of a time with the Whammy V bumping the knob with my foot. Tried everything as far as covering it so it wouldn’t get bumped and change the setting which is disastrous during a bitchin’ Morello solo. Finally put an MXR knob on there which is shorter. It screws...
  4. vintage66

Marshall dsl20cr green channel overdrive for crunch

Yeah, I don’t like the rat through everything but it’s my favorite through my Dsl50. I fairly recently got a BD-2 Waza but haven’t tried it through that amp but need to after all the replies. My second favorite is a Skreddy Screwdriver. Mine is a 90’s Rat 2, don’t know about the newer ones.
  5. vintage66

Best luthier in Atlanta?

Any updated recommendations for fret job for a strat and acoustic pickup install/setup work?
  6. vintage66

How would you make this bland black guitar prettier?

I’ve had a black on black Kramer Pacer black pickguard super strat since the 80’s and got tired of the look. It already had a cream Bill Lawrence so I changed the single coil covers to cream and cream knobs, kind of like Gilmours. I’m your case I’d go for cream pickup rings and some type non...
  7. vintage66

Boosting a Marshall-ish amp: Klone or FD2?

I have a DSL 50 and my favorite is a Rat 2. I have 2 different fd2’s and a Centura. Don’t know if I’ve tried the Centura with that amp but the FD2’s weren’t all that special. The Skreddy Screwdriver is provably my second favorite with that amp. Granted it’s not a Mesa, just my .02.
  8. vintage66

POLL: The WORST thing to wear at a gig? (What's the worst you've seen?)

Gotta be big enough for shoulder pads. If it fits without them- poser
  9. vintage66

How to get velcro to stick to pedals with rubber bases

These don’t seem to be available anymore. I have a few other things by them and they work great-wah fastener and pedal riser. The Small Bear Boss plates work great.
  10. vintage66

What Boss Pedals Are As Good Or Better?

Bd-2w kicks a&$. Ph-2r is cool. TU-2 works well enough. Wish I’d bought an FZ-2 for $50 when I had the chance before prices went up. Had a CE-2 and sold it, FL-2 is awight but MXR 2 knobber kills it imo. Sd-1 and Ds-1 are decent enough. I want to try Dm-2w which I’d probably like a lot. I...
  11. vintage66

Getting chemical stinks out of amp (damn you Glade/Febreze people, stop it!!) - NAD foiled

I was looking at a used Fender briefcase style case-stand on eBay and sent a message about the condition asking if it had any funky smell since I can’t physically inspect it and the shop blocked me from buying it saying I must be one of those pain in the ass buyers. Guess I got my answer.
  12. vintage66

Irrational fear of solderless cables gone

Moving pedals on your board makes it more likely but it happens at random times and makes a loud annoying hum which actually makes it hard to troubleshoot quickly like just intermittent signal would cause. It’s not so often but it’s enough that I dont have any on my board anymore. Some people...
  13. vintage66

Can't decide what to get next...TGP decides

You don’t have a wah. Answer is obvious. I’d go BMF because it’s awesome but I’ve heard the mini is cool.

Trending Topics