• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Recent content by Wayniac

1. W

Cyndi Lauper opening for Cher- absolutely killed it!!

2 of my friends are on the Cyndi tour (her TM/Asst, and the light guy), and I have worked with her about a half dozen times as backline. She is REALLLLY talented, and off the cuff... her musicians are all very talented as well.
  2. W

I miss Hamer

Had an old California Elite - set neck, solid 2 piece flamed maple body, killer ebony board with boomerangs (and possibly binding?) - I got it for $500 and sold it a few years laters for $800.. still kicking myself for that one... was a killer playing, sounding, and looking guitar
  3. W

May join 80's/Hair tribute band, need modded marshall sound. What amp?

Henning Cherry Bomb, any Friedman amp will get you there, Mike Fortin, Dan Gower...
  4. W

guitar center buying/shipping question

I have had them do a 20% deposit to do a transfer before, witha refund option if it was not as described. Have also just bought outright and had them ship to me directly (a cab, and a guitar)
  5. W

Suggestions for hitting the road by bus?

I avoid any food or salads with mayo in them on the road - hand sanitizer is your friend for any meet and greets, and in general - baby wipes (unscented if you want) can be a blessing. - any guest YOU have - tell them it is shared living space, and to treat it as such. You wouldn't want some...
  6. W

Dio - The Last in Line

Loved Viv's fire back in the day - fit great with Dio's power. As far as Doug - Lion Dangerous Attraction (best tone and he was fiery & tasty back then), and the Burning Rain stuff is pretty good as well...
  7. W

3 favorite male voices

Dio Russell Allen (Clean and power) 3rd - I dunno - so many good ones of all different styles - Lou Gramm, Brad Delp, Halford, Jeff Scott Soto, Dean Castronova, Tommy in Styx .. (then you have the pop chicks that can sing - Mariah back in the day, Whitney, Adele has a cool voice...) All far...
  8. W

Musicians that you know personally who should have/could have "made it" but never did

I can think of a dozen or from the CT scene back in the day.. 2-3 vocalists, 3 drummers, 3 bassists, keyboardist... lots of guitarists from insane shred to really good Jazz & rock dudes. A couple of guys from the same scene did OK - Run 21 ended up being WASP, some of other guys have ended up...
  9. W

Angus Clark

Welcome aboard!
  10. W

The GEORGE LYNCH appreciation thread.

I was at that clinic - it rocked. His teachers name is/was Mark Thompson. If I recall correctly, we got to hear the bare studio tracks from the (unreleased at the time) Lynch Mob CD
  11. W

Egnater Amp Class

I attended a past class... amazing. Would love to have/hear one of these new beasts
  12. W

****DFW Stolen Guitars ALERT****

Glad to hear the little lowlifes were caught and some of the stuff is recovered With the amount of $$ involved, I hope they decide to prosecute to the fullest
  13. W

Does Eddie Van Halen have Tinnitus???

No tinnitus, but my ears get fatigued quicker now. Probably all the shows right next to cabs or behind drummers (with plugs in though). Last hearing test the doc was pleasantly shocked since I've been playing since I was 13 (42 now). Have a small notch in my left ear (from drummer in 1st band as...
  14. W

Guthrie Govan gear stolen

http://iheartguitarblog.com/2011/12/guthrie-govan-appeals-for-help-after-gear-theft.html
  15. W

I used _____ to repair _____. The official TGP MacGyver Thread.

Shaved a drumstick, shavings went into a hole where the straplock pulled out of a players "favorite" bass during a festival show. No glue.... got the bass back to him for the next tune. The band returned 4 yrs later - bassist showed up with the same bass, and said the repair was still in place!
Top Bottom