Recent content by WorkinSteamin

1. WorkinSteamin

800 Million Albums worldwide

Deservedly so...
  2. WorkinSteamin

Mayer on Garcia and the Dead

Was “US Blues”, a frequent encore, EVER jammed upon?
  3. WorkinSteamin

You are right. The backlash is often as much directed toward an artist’s new found popularity and the crowds that it draws as much as it is against the song or album that spawns it. Think Nirvana’s “SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT” or Metallica’s “ENTER SANDMAN” although in both of THESE cases, many...
  4. WorkinSteamin

Yes. Of course TOUCH OF GREY, the only Dead tune that suffers from BACKLASH which means it is so good and therefore so popular (Top 10 BILLBOARD Hot 100 single) that Dead Hipsters reject it heh. AND as u mentioned @Jon Silberman, TERRAPIN STATION the album. Absolutely...
  5. WorkinSteamin

Yes definitely AMERICAN BEAUTY. And I will add: WORKINGMAN’S DEAD WAKE OF THE FLOOD FROM THE MARS HOTEL BOB WEIR - ACE ANTHEM OF THE SUN All very different and all chock full of DEAD classics. For live stuff download the RELISTEN app or go to RELISTEN.NET and start with the most popular...
  6. WorkinSteamin

Point taken. :)
  7. WorkinSteamin

It’s in the thread title. :-)
  8. WorkinSteamin

Have to agree here and I usually welcome contrary opinions as they can enliven a conversation. But this was a particularly virulent statement. Why not just create his own MAYER SUX IN D&C thread? The negativity on TGP can be overwhelmingly toxic sometimes. EDIT: And this thread isn’t even...
  9. WorkinSteamin

Great essay. Mayer really has, IMO, earned his place here. He makes a point that I have thought about a lot. It’s that, viewed one way, a Dead show is a three hour guitar solo. How is it possible that Jerry was able to solo so inventively that, to Dead fans at least, it rarely got boring and...
  10. WorkinSteamin

Best Covers on YouTube?

And of course some MAYER... AND some KPOP. (Would u expect anything less from me?)...
  11. WorkinSteamin

Boss Katana II with other modelers

No I don’t. Thinking about a Katana to temporarily replace a bunch of stolen gear (tube amps, pedals, guitars) as I wait for a check from my insurance company. I didn’t intend my comments to be disrespectful. But here you say the Katana is the best combo amp for the money. What makes you say...
  12. WorkinSteamin

You said yourself that you don’t expect better results. Why bother? There a MANY “nice combo amplifiers” with which to use your Moor multi effects unit. In fact, why would choose an inexpensive multi-effects amp do do it with anyway?? Perhaps an inexpensive tube amp would be a better choice?
  13. WorkinSteamin

Why on earth would you give it another try?? If you didn’t like it, you didn’t like it. There are about a zillion other options. If I were you I wouldn’t consider giving it another try. Unless I were being paid to. Time is money. I’d rather be playing...