• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Recent content by Zero Point

1. Z

Favorite XLR Cable?

Van Den Hul Integration Hybrid for static runs.
  2. Z

Help with sound isolation/deadening

Portable Isolation Booth. Yarrr! -Z
  3. Z

This isn't covered under Gibsons warranty?

If you want quality, buy Japanese! Heheh, when you were a kid did you EVER imagine that statement being true? *sigh* People used to shore up and reinforce the 335 bridges just as a matter of course. It's not necessary, but it is something that people used to do. Tt sure does sound like the guy...
  4. Z

Higher Sample Rates really better?

Which was my standpoint in the argument I was making. I will not dispute that 96 khz is better overall for sound quality. You would have to be a fool to think otherwise. :hiPThe whole argument is based on the assumption of content delivery on either CD or DVD mediums. I have found that when I...
  5. Z

You'd be surprised how much of an improvement a good clock can make in a studio. This is why there are 1000/00 external clocks on the market. But anyway, I was going by scientific method. I wasn't there in the room so I could not say which sounded better. One has to remember that a lot of this...
  6. Z

Kenny, did you listen to the mix via the 192's clock at 48 khz? Because without that comparison, you cannot eliminate the clock as a quality factor, making your test moot and useless :) You have to have a control to sample and compare... -Z
  7. Z

Any more affordable versions of the U87 out there?

I have a C1 that I stripped down and rebuilt with higher quality components. It REALLY smoothed things over. If I could get a really nice gold diaphragm replacement I'd be tempted to try that as well. -Z
  8. Z

No worries from me. Just pointing out that even at 1200 bucks for the Peluso, a great deal to be sure... I think this is beyond the original idea of affordable :D I got a chance to demo a few Peluso mics. Although the condensers and valve mices were good, my favorite was the R 14 Ribbon. At 650...
  9. Z

It is Alchemy, not science ;) Although there does tend to be a whole lotta measuring going on! It's like magic with the structure of science... It's Hermetic Harmonies! :eek: -Z
  10. Z

Recording guitar direct... your thoughts?

They have GTR3 Solo free right now for a year :)
  11. Z

Recording guitar direct... your thoughts?

Guitar Rig 3 has some more interesting models in it. And the delays are really nice. But I can hear some aliasing in the guitar amps. They also don't take outside pedals well. Like, if you have a tube screamer you want to use with GR3, you will hear some weird high end noises in there. In my...
  12. Z

I'll be honest. Recording at 96 khz isn't really necessary unless you have an orchestra, strings, piano, or some other multi-range acoustic source. For most projects, 48 khz is all you'd ever need. Some plugins, like amp sims, sound better at 96 khz. Like Guitar Rig 3. That sounds better at...
  13. Z

The best is the Sony C-800 GPAC :) You too can own one of those heatsink-bearing beauties for a mere installment of 6,999.95! :D But OP, tae a look at the Project Studios C1 and see if that fits your budget. I think you can get one for 220. It IS Chinese, but if you want cheap they are well...
  14. Z

Guys, you've highjacked this guy's thread. Get back on topic, and suggest him some nice condenser mics for a budget :) -Z
  15. Z

Hahah, well I was talking in terms of timbre more than style :D -Z